- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
Upgrade from Free to Business
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 1 week ago #25779
by wonderwilson
Upgrade from Free to Business was created by wonderwilson
Hi Nicolas,
I've just purchased the Business version of your software. I'm running the Free version and have done quite a few CSS and Display PHP amends which I don't want to loose. How can I update my version of the software without loosing this information - is it just a case of decompressing the zip and copy the files over using FTP?
Thanks
Darren
I've just purchased the Business version of your software. I'm running the Free version and have done quite a few CSS and Display PHP amends which I don't want to loose. How can I update my version of the software without loosing this information - is it just a case of decompressing the zip and copy the files over using FTP?
Thanks
Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago #25780
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Upgrade from Free to Business
Hi,
First, if you've done your modifications via the interfaces in Display->Views and in the config for the CSS, you won't loose anything when updating/upgrading. However, if you did your modifications directly in the files you would indeed loose then when updating/upgrading.
If you have the same version 1.5.3 than the one you downloaded, you can indeed just copy the files. You will also missing the plugins included in the business edition but you can zip the files of the plugins in back/extensions and install them via joomla separately.
If you have another version installed, then it will require database modifications which are done during the install process so just copying the files won't be possible.
First, if you've done your modifications via the interfaces in Display->Views and in the config for the CSS, you won't loose anything when updating/upgrading. However, if you did your modifications directly in the files you would indeed loose then when updating/upgrading.
If you have the same version 1.5.3 than the one you downloaded, you can indeed just copy the files. You will also missing the plugins included in the business edition but you can zip the files of the plugins in back/extensions and install them via joomla separately.
If you have another version installed, then it will require database modifications which are done during the install process so just copying the files won't be possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 1 week ago #25786
by wonderwilson
Replied by wonderwilson on topic Re: Upgrade from Free to Business
Thanks.
Went for a clean installed - worked perfectly. The only thing I lost were some amends to the language file.
Darren
Went for a clean installed - worked perfectly. The only thing I lost were some amends to the language file.
Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago #25787
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Upgrade from Free to Business
You need to user the override area when editing the language file. That way you won't loose these either.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds