Prices of Parent products and Child products
14 years 11 months ago #27045
by Jims
Prices of Parent products and Child products was created by Jims
On the development site
js-ca.net/potluckcms
, products are organised as children under a parent product. The child products have size and colour variants and have different prices.
I want to show the prices on the product page, but not on the catagory page which shows the parent products in that product line.
I set the price of the parent products to be 0, but prices are showing on the category page.
See js-ca.net/potluckcms/index.php/catalogue...y/11-solo-dinnerware
If there was a way to show a range of prices - $8.95 to $24.95 - I would use that, but at the moment it is confusing to see a price on the category page.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jim
I want to show the prices on the product page, but not on the catagory page which shows the parent products in that product line.
I set the price of the parent products to be 0, but prices are showing on the category page.
See js-ca.net/potluckcms/index.php/catalogue...y/11-solo-dinnerware
If there was a way to show a range of prices - $8.95 to $24.95 - I would use that, but at the moment it is confusing to see a price on the category page.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27057
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prices of Parent products and Child products
You need to edit the hikashop options of your module with the id 34 via Display->Content modules (that's what's displaying your products listing). There you can select to not display the prices, or to display the range of prices (both are possible).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27074
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Prices of Parent products and Child products
Many thanks, Nicolas. I keep forgetting about that module.
The option to show a range of prices was interesting, but I opted not to show prices on the category page because just seeing
$ 8.95 each
$ 24.95 each
Fruit Bowl
seemed a little confusing without explanatory words like
from $ 8.95 each
to $ 24.95 each
Fruit Bowl
best wishes
Jim
The option to show a range of prices was interesting, but I opted not to show prices on the category page because just seeing
$ 8.95 each
$ 24.95 each
Fruit Bowl
seemed a little confusing without explanatory words like
from $ 8.95 each
to $ 24.95 each
Fruit Bowl
best wishes
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27079
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prices of Parent products and Child products
You can add those words by overriding the first lines of your translation file:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27097
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Prices of Parent products and Child products
Thanks, Nicolas. That's a neat idea.
But I would want the words ONLY to show in the Category page and not on the product page. Overiding the languages file added the "From " word to the price on both the Category and the product page.
Jim
But I would want the words ONLY to show in the Category page and not on the product page. Overiding the languages file added the "From " word to the price on both the Category and the product page.
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27098
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Prices of Parent products and Child products
Then indeed you might want to stick to not display prices on the category page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27099
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Prices of Parent products and Child products
Yes and that's quite OK, Nicolas.
But thanks for the tip about the language overides.
Jim
But thanks for the tip about the language overides.
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds