- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
backup all products?
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 11 months ago #27107
by Rollerskate
backup all products? was created by Rollerskate
I really screwed up my Joomla site and might need to start over from scratch. Luckily, I still have access to the backend of my old, busted site.
I'm wondering if there is a way to backup all my products from the old install so I can easily migrate all that work into my new, fresh Joomla install.
I'm wondering if there is a way to backup all my products from the old install so I can easily migrate all that work into my new, fresh Joomla install.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27108
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: backup all products?
The easiest is to export the jos_hikashop_* tables from your database via phpmyadmin and then importing it also via phpmyadmin on your new website.
Then, you can also download all the files in the folder media/com_hikashop and put them on your new website at the same location.
Finally, you can reinstall hikashop on your new website.
Then, you can also download all the files in the folder media/com_hikashop and put them on your new website at the same location.
Finally, you can reinstall hikashop on your new website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 11 months ago #27109
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: backup all products?
Ok, sounds like a plan. Question though, my previous install was an older version of Hika Shop. Would it still work if I installed the newest version and followed your instructions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #27111
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: backup all products?
It should yes but it would be best to use the same version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds