Xmap and csv imports
But I am only seeing about 35 products in the sitemap, when there are over 450 items in the catalogue, including all variants.
In another thread there was question concerning csv imports. I use export and import frequently to make bulk changes to the catalogue. Does this pose a problem for Xmap?
I'm also using sh404sef for the first time and wonder if this has any bearing on the problem.
Thanks
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
sh404sef or CSV import shouldn't change anything.
The variants of the products are not displayed in the site map as they don't have their own page (it's the same page for all the variants of one product).
Maybe that explains why you only have 35 entries ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There are 35 URL's in total and that includes 25 product URLs and 2 category URLs.
The 45 products are in 4 categories, but the sitemap only shows products in two of the 4 categories.
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also make sure that they are not restricted to user groups.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
js-ca.net/potluckcms/index.php/Our-Catal...gory/Itemid-134.html
Thanks
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jim
PS I just noticed that it contains fewer URLs than it did earlier. I' running a regeneration now.
Later:
The regeneration now found all 4 product categories, but only 33 out of the 45 products. It only found, for example, 4 of teh 7 items in teh Cook and Serve category?
I don't understand the inconsistency of the results of running the xml-sitemaps generator. Is there a better sitemap generator program?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
How did you configure the HikaShop plugin for xmap ? Did you set any restrictions in the number of elements to be displayed ?
Xmap is certainly the most used extension of site map and we only built an integration for that one.
You might also want to ask xmap support about why the number of results is fluctuating each time you generate the xml.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What program do you use to generate your site map? Is Xmap an extension of another program? If so could you tell me the name of that program.
I thought Xmap was developed by someone at HikaShop?
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You need to install Xmap, then the xmap plugin we provide in order to integrate hikashop to xmap and that's how it works. We only developped the integration, not the xmap extension itself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see an xml file actually created anywhere so that the sitemap.xml file can reside in the site root. I thought it was a requirement for Google search bots to have a sitemap.xml in the site root.
Thanks for the help
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found that my problems with getting a proper XML file from Xmap+Hikashop plugin
was caused by the fact that I am also running sh404sef V2.0 on the site.
When I went into the control panel of the sh404sef component and then:
configuration/sh404sef configuration/By component
and changed the first three settings to:
Leave as non-sef
Do not translate
Do not insert code
I found that the xml file was generated as expected and the link
../index.php?option=com_xmap&view=xml&id=1
was accepted by Google Webmaster Tools
Hope this helps
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can just create one product in HikaShop and then use the export button on the products listing in order to get a CSV example.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In HikaShop, the product_code column is used for the SKU. So you should enter is there.
If you want to add other information to your products, like your serial numbers, you will have to create custom fields of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields (commercial edition only).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.