Skip to main content

Import Products in a Different Language

More
14 years 11 months ago #27339 by Mattlab
How do I import products in Ukrainian or Cyrillic fonts? When I go to Excel to create my CSV file everything works fine. The product names are the only thing in Cyrillic and they show up. When I save the file though it saves all of the product names as ????? and then the import to Hikashop fails. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #27341 by nicolas
It's a problem of encoding. When you export your CSV in Excel, make sure that you export it in the encoding UTF8.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #27344 by Mattlab
nicolas wrote:

It's a problem of encoding. When you export your CSV in Excel, make sure that you export it in the encoding UTF8.


Yup I was able to figure this out. However, you should note that Excel does not export CSV files in Unicode as far as I can tell and only does files in Tab delminated format. You need an addin to export in Unicode so you might want to add a feature to hikashop that lets you import with a tab deliminated file.

Just a suggestion.

Thank you!

-Mattlab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #27345 by nicolas
All the versions of Excel I tried exported the CSVs with semi colons.
However, HikaShop also handles tab delimited CSVs so that should still work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #27346 by Mattlab
Oh hmm... you just clicked Save As, CSV, and then did what to get it to work...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #27348 by nicolas
Apparently, Excel 2007 is not able to export CSVs in unicode:
www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/can-make-excel...rectly-t3570526.html
I couldn't find anything online explaining how to solve the problem.
However, it's apparently able to export unicode properly to a text file and then you should still be able to import it in HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #27351 by Mattlab
nicolas wrote:

Apparently, Excel 2007 is not able to export CSVs in unicode:
www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/can-make-excel...rectly-t3570526.html
I couldn't find anything online explaining how to solve the problem.
However, it's apparently able to export unicode properly to a text file and then you should still be able to import it in HikaShop.


Yup that's what I figured. Cool thanks for the help.

Any hika already supports tab files if I import through the CSV feature?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #27352 by nicolas
That should be the case although I'v never tried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum