- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
How to change product price
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #29951
by slydog
How to change product price was created by slydog
Can I do that, for certain products (product categories), the buyer could change the cost of the goods?
I'm trying to do this in different ways (eg, via an options), but it is not very good.
Ideally, I need the editable field as the quantity of goods, but also with the ability to enter non-integer numbers.
Is it possible to create a similar function of quantity?
I'm trying to do this in different ways (eg, via an options), but it is not very good.
Ideally, I need the editable field as the quantity of goods, but also with the ability to enter non-integer numbers.
Is it possible to create a similar function of quantity?
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by slydog.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29969
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to change product price
Hi,
It's indeed not possible by default, but you can do it if you have some php knowledge.
For that, you would have to create a custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition.
Then, you could create a price quantity calculation override as explained there and so you could use the value of that field instead of the value of the normal quantity input: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
It's indeed not possible by default, but you can do it if you have some php knowledge.
For that, you would have to create a custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition.
Then, you could create a price quantity calculation override as explained there and so you could use the value of that field instead of the value of the normal quantity input: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30086
by slydog
Replied by slydog on topic Re: How to change product price
My knowledge of php is not as strong as I would like to
I will try, but most likely I will need your help
One of the options to make a custom field named "product_price", but still do not understand how to do so its value was fixed in order for this product (if this possible)
Another is to make product quantity calculation, as you advise.
Thanks for tips, anyway.
P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.
I will try, but most likely I will need your help
One of the options to make a custom field named "product_price", but still do not understand how to do so its value was fixed in order for this product (if this possible)
Another is to make product quantity calculation, as you advise.
Thanks for tips, anyway.
P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30098
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to change product price
What is the problem with the custom field creation ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #30367
by slydog
Replied by slydog on topic Re: How to change product price
To create a custom field is not a problem.
I do not know how to get value of this custom field and write it to a price of this certain product.
I do not know how to get value of this custom field and write it to a price of this certain product.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by slydog.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30390
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to change product price
Here is an example of how to create such override plugin :
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...w-feature.html#24390
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...w-feature.html#24390
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30477
by slydog
Replied by slydog on topic Re: How to change product price
Ideally suited, thanks a lot!
A little more left to deal with the filtration in that field (replacement "," by ".").
A little more left to deal with the filtration in that field (replacement "," by ".").
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds