Discrepancy between dev and production sites
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #30999
by Jims
Discrepancy between dev and production sites was created by Jims
Since posting this, I'm come to the conclusion that this is NOT a hikashop issue, but one involving akeebabackup and/or sh404sef..
Sorry for the late amendment. Perhaps this posting could be removed.
Jim
I don't know if this is related to the way that I've set up Hikashop, but this problem only appears on the Hikashop area.
I have just gone into production with the Potluck Ceramics site. The production site is the in the root of potluckceramics.ca and the development site in a subfolder PLCdev off the site root.
I am using akeeba backup to move the development site to the production site.
There is currently a serious discrpancy between the dev and production sites
Sorry for the late amendment. Perhaps this posting could be removed.
Jim
I don't know if this is related to the way that I've set up Hikashop, but this problem only appears on the Hikashop area.
I have just gone into production with the Potluck Ceramics site. The production site is the in the root of potluckceramics.ca and the development site in a subfolder PLCdev off the site root.
I am using akeeba backup to move the development site to the production site.
There is currently a serious discrpancy between the dev and production sites
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Jims. Reason: not a hikashop issue
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 223
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 10 months ago #31006
by plumbingdeals
Replied by plumbingdeals on topic Re: Discrepancy between dev and production sites
did you use akeeba kickstart?
if, when moving to live site, you have to be sure to specify proper db, store url, etc..
i have used akeeba & akeeba kickstart several times to move hikashop from one site to another
if, when moving to live site, you have to be sure to specify proper db, store url, etc..
i have used akeeba & akeeba kickstart several times to move hikashop from one site to another
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31008
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Discrepancy between dev and production sites
Yes, I am using kickstart and all the correct changes to the database. It's an issue with the sh404sef tables I believe. For now, because it's an urgent issue on the production site, I've removed the sh404sef component.
Thanks for the advice.
Jim
Thanks for the advice.
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31026
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Discrepancy between dev and production sites
When you use sh404sef, the URL cache can sometimes be a problem and lead to 404 errors where they shouldn't. In such cases, you should purge the cache and try again to navigate your website from the home page so that the URL cache can be built again and it should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31030
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Discrepancy between dev and production sites
Thanks, Nicolas. Purging the URLs was the first thing I tried, but that did not solve the problem. I finally solved it by removing the sh404sef component from the site. I needed a very quick resolution because it was in production now!!
Jim
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds