- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
Adding insurance option to shipping
14 years 10 months ago #31057
by dforrest
HikaShop Business 2.3.2 on Joomla 1.5.26 + JoomFish 2.1.6 - Multilingual site
Adding insurance option to shipping was created by dforrest
I am using the manual shipping module.
In addition to the shipping, I need to add two insurance options:
1) Partial: Insurance price is 10% of shipping cost, minimum 1 Euro.
2) Total: Insurance price is 1.5% of product value (all products in basket), minimum 3.65 Euro.
How can I approach getting these options into HikaShop? I don't know how to make the "product" available (I suppose it would only make sense to offer it during the checkout process) or how to get HikaShop to make these calculations.
Advice appreciated, thanks.
In addition to the shipping, I need to add two insurance options:
1) Partial: Insurance price is 10% of shipping cost, minimum 1 Euro.
2) Total: Insurance price is 1.5% of product value (all products in basket), minimum 3.65 Euro.
How can I approach getting these options into HikaShop? I don't know how to make the "product" available (I suppose it would only make sense to offer it during the checkout process) or how to get HikaShop to make these calculations.
Advice appreciated, thanks.
HikaShop Business 2.3.2 on Joomla 1.5.26 + JoomFish 2.1.6 - Multilingual site
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31080
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Adding insurance option to shipping
Hi,
You could actually create more shipping methods for that.
For example, if you have one shipping method, just create two other shipping methods with the same settings and with a different name and different price which includes the standard price and the insurance price.
Now if you have already several thousands shipping methods, it's gonna get ugly !
Another option would be to create a custom order field so that the user can select the insurance on the checkout and then have some custom code in the "fields" file of the view "checkout" to add automatically the correct insurance product in the cart based on the selection of the user and the products in the cart. But that require to develop some PHP.
You could actually create more shipping methods for that.
For example, if you have one shipping method, just create two other shipping methods with the same settings and with a different name and different price which includes the standard price and the insurance price.
Now if you have already several thousands shipping methods, it's gonna get ugly !
Another option would be to create a custom order field so that the user can select the insurance on the checkout and then have some custom code in the "fields" file of the view "checkout" to add automatically the correct insurance product in the cart based on the selection of the user and the products in the cart. But that require to develop some PHP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds