Display picture based upon characteristic chosen

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #31281

Hi,

I am using the Business Edition of HikaShop. Here is what I am hoping to be able to do:

Product is called "Tri-Star Crew" which is a type of shirt. It comes in Black and Purple and comes in Small, Medium and Large. I want to set up characteristics for Size and Color. I then want to show pictures of the Black product when Black is chosen and the Purple product when purple is chosen. Can I do this without setting up a product for black and a product for purple?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13074
12 years 5 months ago #31291

Yes. Once you added your characteristics for your products, go in the "manage variants" area of your product and edit each variant with a different image than the image of the main product and add your image there.
That will then work like on that page:

www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=82&lang=en

12 years 4 months ago #31740

OK, I'm thinking I know the answer to this, but right now what I am doing is this:

Let's say I have a shirt that has S, M, L, XL, 2XL as the sizes and Black, Purple, Gray as the colors.

That generates 15 variants. However, there are just 3 different colors. Do I actually need to upload a picture to every variant?

If the answer is yes, I am going to suggest that you create a way (within the product for instance) that a different picture can be added to the main variant (color in this case) and have it apply to all the variants generated. It would make management of the products much easier.

Let me know if I am doing it correctly/the only way. Thanks!

12 years 4 months ago #31741

You're indeed doing it properly. HikaShop is not perfect and that's indeed an area which will require an improvement :)

12 years 1 month ago #42142

ll

12 years 1 month ago #42143

Is there any way around this problem? in my case i generate to many variants to change one by one... i have a Boot in three colors, and i have 10 sizes for each boot... i also have more than 10 models of boots. So instead of choosing the image 30 times i'll have to do it 300 :/

Any Sugestions!

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by miguellima.

12 years 1 month ago #42348

For the options which don't require the image to change, maybe you could use instead of a characteristic an option ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options ) or a custom item field ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html ) ?

12 years 1 month ago #42380

It almost works with the option alternative, but it's not there yet.

What i would like to do is something like this: global.burton.com/mens-boots-moto-boot/2...rt=1&cgid=mens-boots or www.blue-tomato.com/es/Botas-de-snow/Bur...to?product=300424411

Which i was almost able to do do with the combination of two characteristics, except i could't select the color threw an image and it would imply to add the same images over and over again (3 colors x 10 sizes x 10 products)...

Thank you for your attention.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by miguellima.

12 years 1 month ago #42513

If you only have three images (one per color) you should just have a color characteristic.
Then, the size selection can be done with an option instead of a characteristic. That way, you only have to upload each image once for your product.

12 years 1 month ago #42561

Then i'll have problem with stock management, that won't cross size with color.

If i understand correctly i whould create 10 sub products (one per size) and list them as options on the main product
And i whould add color charactheristic to the Main product aswell.
That whould cause me to have two diferent stocks, one for color and one for size.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but i really need this to work on my website.

And thankyou a lot for your fast replys

12 years 1 month ago #42694

Ah yes, if you want to have the stock on variants based on color and size, then you will indeed have to keep both as characteristics and upload an image for each variant, even if you upload the same one for several variants.
I don't have a solution to accommodate for both the stock and the images like you want.

12 years 1 month ago #43136

Ok, thanks.

Is there any way to select the product color thru an image instead of a dropdown list?

Or some way around where i could have images linking to child products on the main product page?

12 years 1 month ago #43266

It's possible to do it with a characteristic display override:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
That require coding skills though.

12 years 1 month ago #43270

Thanks ;)

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds