- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Category and sub-category listings
14 years 10 months ago #31389
by alex_ciss
Category and sub-category listings was created by alex_ciss
Hi - very new to Hikashop. Am trying to set up a site with 4 categories. Each of these categories has several sub-categories. I'm trying to create a page for each category which has an image and a bit of intro text then links to the relevant sub-categories. I think my problem is in how I'm creating the menu items. Have started with the vintage section - when I click on the 'Vintage' category (a top level category) I get a page titled 'product category' and a list of links to the current top level categories whereas what I need is the Vintage category page and then the list of links to its sub-categories to appear. At the moment I don't get this until I click on the 'Vintage' link on this page. Have attached a couple of screenshots to explain plus link to site below...
kateaud.cloudaccess.net/
I'm not sure what I should choose for the type of menu - something half way between a category listing and a product listing but can't figure out how to get this.
Many thanks
Alex
This attachment is hidden for guests.
kateaud.cloudaccess.net/
I'm not sure what I should choose for the type of menu - something half way between a category listing and a product listing but can't figure out how to get this.
Many thanks
Alex
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31426
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category and sub-category listings
Hi,
In the hikashop options of your menu (that you can find via the menu Display->Content menus in HikaShop) you should set your vintage category in the "parent category" option and that will do what you want.
In the hikashop options of your menu (that you can find via the menu Display->Content menus in HikaShop) you should set your vintage category in the "parent category" option and that will do what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31458
by alex_ciss
Replied by alex_ciss on topic Re: Category and sub-category listings
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31459
by alex_ciss
Replied by alex_ciss on topic Re: Category and sub-category listings
Figured it out! Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds