- Posts: 37
- Thank you received: 0
Custom Fields in checkout step?
- yellowhousejake
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #31928
by yellowhousejake
Custom Fields in checkout step? was created by yellowhousejake
Howdy all,
Working through our Hikashop looks good so far. I am using it to sell slots in Parks Department Programs such as Tennis Lessons, Day Care, Camp, etc.
The Parks director would like to be able to get the registration form filled out online at the time of purchase. I was able to get my custom fields assigned to only appear on the products I choose by assigning those products to a specific category, and assigning the custom fields to that category as well. Currently the custom fields appear above the product description which ain't great but I think that can be moved if I find the right file to edit in the views.
But I would really like to see the custom fields on a separate page/step of the check out. Is that possible?
Thanks,
DAve
Working through our Hikashop looks good so far. I am using it to sell slots in Parks Department Programs such as Tennis Lessons, Day Care, Camp, etc.
The Parks director would like to be able to get the registration form filled out online at the time of purchase. I was able to get my custom fields assigned to only appear on the products I choose by assigning those products to a specific category, and assigning the custom fields to that category as well. Currently the custom fields appear above the product description which ain't great but I think that can be moved if I find the right file to edit in the views.
But I would really like to see the custom fields on a separate page/step of the check out. Is that possible?
Thanks,
DAve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #31946
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Fields in checkout step?
Hi,
You can edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views if you want to change the position of the fields on the product page.
If you want to display custom fields on the checkout, you should create custom fields of the table "order". You can have them on their own step by modifying the checkout workflow option of the Checkout tab of the configuration. However, custom order fields cannot be displayed or not based on the products in the order as they are global to the order.
You can edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views if you want to change the position of the fields on the product page.
If you want to display custom fields on the checkout, you should create custom fields of the table "order". You can have them on their own step by modifying the checkout workflow option of the Checkout tab of the configuration. However, custom order fields cannot be displayed or not based on the products in the order as they are global to the order.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds