- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
Upload folder modification
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #32362
by codewarrior
Upload folder modification was created by codewarrior
Hi,
I've changed my upload folder from media/com_hikashop/upload/ to images/Catalogue/
Now :
- my category pictures are OK,
- my product pictures are not displayed, just the barcode.
pictures files for categories are copied in directory and thumbs are generated, but
pictures files for products are not copied but their thumbs are correctly generated.
I modified permissions to 777, but no way !
and now that I returned to the original configuration (media/com_hikashop/upload/) I have no products pictures anymore !
Do you have an idea ?
Thanks for help
Regards
I've changed my upload folder from media/com_hikashop/upload/ to images/Catalogue/
Now :
- my category pictures are OK,
- my product pictures are not displayed, just the barcode.
pictures files for categories are copied in directory and thumbs are generated, but
pictures files for products are not copied but their thumbs are correctly generated.
I modified permissions to 777, but no way !
and now that I returned to the original configuration (media/com_hikashop/upload/) I have no products pictures anymore !
Do you have an idea ?
Thanks for help
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32384
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Upload folder modification
Hi,
When you change the upload folder, you have to manually copy the files from the old folder to the new folder via FTP.
When you change the upload folder, you have to manually copy the files from the old folder to the new folder via FTP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #32398
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Upload folder modification
Nicolas,
I tried it but it did'nt worked
For the moment (in test configuration) I uploaded only 3 pictures.
But let me understand, if I upload new files, they will be uploaded in /images/Catalogue or I will always have to put them with FTP ?
Notice that now I'm not able to have any images, even with the original path. Is there another configuration parameter to modifiy ?
Thanks for help.
I tried it but it did'nt worked
For the moment (in test configuration) I uploaded only 3 pictures.
But let me understand, if I upload new files, they will be uploaded in /images/Catalogue or I will always have to put them with FTP ?
Notice that now I'm not able to have any images, even with the original path. Is there another configuration parameter to modifiy ?
Thanks for help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32414
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Upload folder modification
If you upload new images they will go to the folder that you set in the "upload folder" option of the configuration.
You say that you're not able to upload new images ? It sounds like you modified the permissions of the folders preventing HikaShop from copying the files to the upload folder. Do you get an error message ? What do you see ? Do you see the default image of the configuration ?
You say that you're not able to upload new images ? It sounds like you modified the permissions of the folders preventing HikaShop from copying the files to the upload folder. Do you get an error message ? What do you see ? Do you see the default image of the configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #32424
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Upload folder modification
Permissions are 777 in /images/Catalogue
When I upload pictures through Products administration, I see it until saving the product.
But when I edit again the product I have the barcode instead of my picture
With FTP if I look to /images/Catalogue folder, there is not my product picture, only it's thumbnail in a subdirectory
This problem occurs with products, but not with categories.
Is there a difference between the uploading scripts ?
Thanks
When I upload pictures through Products administration, I see it until saving the product.
But when I edit again the product I have the barcode instead of my picture
With FTP if I look to /images/Catalogue folder, there is not my product picture, only it's thumbnail in a subdirectory
This problem occurs with products, but not with categories.
Is there a difference between the uploading scripts ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32445
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Upload folder modification
There is not much difference.
From what you're saying it would seem that there is a problem with the save of the product.
Could you activate the debug mode of joomla in the joomla configuration and try again? Do you get some kind of error message ?
Also, do you have javascript errors in your browser's javascript error console when you try to add an image ?
From what you're saying it would seem that there is a problem with the save of the product.
Could you activate the debug mode of joomla in the joomla configuration and try again? Do you get some kind of error message ?
Also, do you have javascript errors in your browser's javascript error console when you try to add an image ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #33019
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Upload folder modification
Hi Nicolas,
I have the upload folder set to : media/com_hikashop/upload/
when I upload the fotoliaboxgold.png picture, one time I see the picture before saving, one time I have the barcode.
After picture upload I have no Javascript errors under Firefox 8.
I activated Joomla Debug and after saving I have a long log with SQL queries with my picture in a query :
SELECT file_path
FROM jpgp8_hikashop_file
WHERE file_path IN ('fotoliaboxgold.png')
AND file_ref_id != 3
but the barcode is displayed !
I see no errors.
What could help you ?
Regards
I have the upload folder set to : media/com_hikashop/upload/
when I upload the fotoliaboxgold.png picture, one time I see the picture before saving, one time I have the barcode.
After picture upload I have no Javascript errors under Firefox 8.
I activated Joomla Debug and after saving I have a long log with SQL queries with my picture in a query :
SELECT file_path
FROM jpgp8_hikashop_file
WHERE file_path IN ('fotoliaboxgold.png')
AND file_ref_id != 3
but the barcode is displayed !
I see no errors.
What could help you ?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33032
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Upload folder modification
Could you make sure that the folder media/com_hikashop/upload has permissions which are 777 ?
So you're saying that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't ?
Do you see a pattern ? Like for example it works the first time, then delete the image and then it doesn't work for any image upload.
It would help understand the problem if we could find the pattern of the problem so that we could try reproducing it on our end (or directly on your website), and fix it.
So you're saying that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't ?
Do you see a pattern ? Like for example it works the first time, then delete the image and then it doesn't work for any image upload.
It would help understand the problem if we could find the pattern of the problem so that we could try reproducing it on our end (or directly on your website), and fix it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34081
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Upload folder modification
Hi Nicolas,
permissions for media/com_hikashop/upload are 777 and owner apache:apache
media/com_hikashop/images is rwx r-x r-x and owner apache:apache
1) pattern :
- delete the existing picture(barcode)
- add new picture in popup with picture name
- after click on upload in popup :
- no picture
- icons for edit and delete
- picture name displayed
- click on save product button : picture barcode is displayed
in media/com_hikashop/upload my picture is not uploaded, but thumbnail 80x80 is created
- click on save & exit
- edit again the product : barcode is displazed in image section
In frontend, barcode is displayed
2) reproduction on my website : how do you want to proceed ?
Thanks
Laurent
permissions for media/com_hikashop/upload are 777 and owner apache:apache
media/com_hikashop/images is rwx r-x r-x and owner apache:apache
1) pattern :
- delete the existing picture(barcode)
- add new picture in popup with picture name
- after click on upload in popup :
- no picture
- icons for edit and delete
- picture name displayed
- click on save product button : picture barcode is displayed
in media/com_hikashop/upload my picture is not uploaded, but thumbnail 80x80 is created
- click on save & exit
- edit again the product : barcode is displazed in image section
In frontend, barcode is displayed
2) reproduction on my website : how do you want to proceed ?
Thanks
Laurent
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34126
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Upload folder modification
Hi,
Could you give a back end access and an FTP access to your website so that we can check the problem ? (we don't have it on our end) If yes, you can use our contact form to provide them.
Could you give a back end access and an FTP access to your website so that we can check the problem ? (we don't have it on our end) If yes, you can use our contact form to provide them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds