- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics and Options for Product Item
14 years 9 months ago #33255
by bal3nsd
Characteristics and Options for Product Item was created by bal3nsd
Hello,
Currently I am setting up a site for a small printing company. I am needing some help on how I may be able to set up the Characteristics and Options for each product.
First, I set up a characteristic for "Quantity" each variant having a specific price. This product also has other options such as paper stock and coating, each adding to cost depending on selection. Can I set up multiple characteristics? I tried but I was not able to manage variants for other characteristics. I get a "No value added" on other characteristics.
Later, I tried to add them as products but realized that I would have to enter each option individually. Then a dropdown menu show up with "no" or "yes+$xx.xx" option to choose from.
Is there a way to display multiple options in dropdown menu form? With a selection adding to the total price, instead of replacing it.
Or if you could suggest a better way of tackling this I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!
JK
Currently I am setting up a site for a small printing company. I am needing some help on how I may be able to set up the Characteristics and Options for each product.
First, I set up a characteristic for "Quantity" each variant having a specific price. This product also has other options such as paper stock and coating, each adding to cost depending on selection. Can I set up multiple characteristics? I tried but I was not able to manage variants for other characteristics. I get a "No value added" on other characteristics.
Later, I tried to add them as products but realized that I would have to enter each option individually. Then a dropdown menu show up with "no" or "yes+$xx.xx" option to choose from.
Is there a way to display multiple options in dropdown menu form? With a selection adding to the total price, instead of replacing it.
Or if you could suggest a better way of tackling this I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!
JK
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33285
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Characteristics and Options for Product Item
You can have more than one characteristic, yes. If you get the "No value added" you need to follow the documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
Yes, you can have multiple options for options
For that, you need to add a characteristic for your option. That's explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
Yes, you can have multiple options for options
For that, you need to add a characteristic for your option. That's explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33432
by bal3nsd
Replied by bal3nsd on topic Re: Characteristics and Options for Product Item
Thanks, After reading it makes a lot more sense. Will try and let you know how it works out. Thanks again! great product!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds