- Posts: 152
- Thank you received: 0
Change a product ID
- plantpotphil
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #33616
by plantpotphil
Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online
Change a product ID was created by plantpotphil
Hi,
I'd like to change a product ID from 17508 to 22.
I've searched in phpMyAdmin to check if there is any other products with the ID 22 and there is not.
I tried editing the ID from 17508 to 22, but this simply makes the product disappear from the hikashop interface.
Is this the incorrect way of doing this?
Thanks,
Phil
I'd like to change a product ID from 17508 to 22.
I've searched in phpMyAdmin to check if there is any other products with the ID 22 and there is not.
I tried editing the ID from 17508 to 22, but this simply makes the product disappear from the hikashop interface.
Is this the incorrect way of doing this?
Thanks,
Phil
Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33650
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change a product ID
Hi,
You can do it in PHPMyAdmin. However, that product id is also used in other tables like jos_hikashop_product_category, jos_hikashop_price, etc. If you change the id only in the jos_hikashop_product table, you won't have that in all the other tables and that's why you don't see it anymore. The table jos_hikashop_product_category is making the link between products and categories, so if you don't update the product id there, it will mean that your product won't be linked to a category, and it won't display anywhere.
You can do it in PHPMyAdmin. However, that product id is also used in other tables like jos_hikashop_product_category, jos_hikashop_price, etc. If you change the id only in the jos_hikashop_product table, you won't have that in all the other tables and that's why you don't see it anymore. The table jos_hikashop_product_category is making the link between products and categories, so if you don't update the product id there, it will mean that your product won't be linked to a category, and it won't display anywhere.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds