- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 3
How to Use Option
14 years 9 months ago #34394
by michael
How to Use Option was created by michael
Hi, I have a paid version, so was able to use option. But I coundn't find any tutorial on using option, sorry if I miss out any.
I though option should be somehow like paypal option that can enter color, size, and allow to set difference price on difference color or size?
But seems characteristic is for this job. Then what the purpose of option serve for?
When I go into option, it lead me to the product category. Oh, are you doing this way: Set item B as a option for item A? and how is it function, can also select quantity or if item B have more selection, can also do that?
Can Nicolas or someone can give me answer.
Happy New Year and Thanks in Advance
I though option should be somehow like paypal option that can enter color, size, and allow to set difference price on difference color or size?
But seems characteristic is for this job. Then what the purpose of option serve for?
When I go into option, it lead me to the product category. Oh, are you doing this way: Set item B as a option for item A? and how is it function, can also select quantity or if item B have more selection, can also do that?
Can Nicolas or someone can give me answer.
Happy New Year and Thanks in Advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34453
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to Use Option
Hi,
You can find a small tutorial for options on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
And here one for characteristics:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
Both can be used to display dropdown selections on your product page but they work in a very different manner.
Mainly: options have a price and when you select an option its price is added to the price of the product while characteristics generate variants of products and each variants can potentially have a different price.
The example in our documentation and demo website should help you understand the differences.
Let me know if you have more trouble with that.
Happy new year to you too !
You can find a small tutorial for options on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
And here one for characteristics:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
Both can be used to display dropdown selections on your product page but they work in a very different manner.
Mainly: options have a price and when you select an option its price is added to the price of the product while characteristics generate variants of products and each variants can potentially have a different price.
The example in our documentation and demo website should help you understand the differences.
Let me know if you have more trouble with that.
Happy new year to you too !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34632
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: How to Use Option
Thank you Nicolas 
Hikashop have a very good support, thumb up !
This option is truely useful, for adding other item as an option with a discounted price.
But, in the other hand. If I wish to add option item as accessories with price added to the main item, but the accessories I do not sell them separately. Can I don't published this item (accessories). Just create and add to the option?
Thank you!
Hikashop have a very good support, thumb up !
This option is truely useful, for adding other item as an option with a discounted price.
But, in the other hand. If I wish to add option item as accessories with price added to the main item, but the accessories I do not sell them separately. Can I don't published this item (accessories). Just create and add to the option?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34670
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to Use Option
Yes you can have them not published on your listings of products. Just create a new "options" category and leave it unpublished. Then, put your option products in that category and they won't appear on your products listings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34954
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: How to Use Option
Thank you very much! That will be useful for me
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds