- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 2
Taxes work in HIkashop but Paypal adds them again
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #34676
by obsolum
Taxes work in HIkashop but Paypal adds them again was created by obsolum
First of all, thanks for such a great extension for Joomla. I'm very pleased with Hikashop.
I have one problem, though. I have added a tax rate for Belgian customers (21%) and it works fine in the shop, but when I choose the Paypal payment option, Paypal adds another 21% on top of that. Does anyone know of a way around this? I would like to apply the tax in HikaShop itself because I also offer payment by bank transfer, and so then they need to see the total amount to transfer, including tax.
Is it possible to set a taxrate only for a specific payment option? So that people who choose Paypal will not see the tax added in the Webshop, and people choosing bank transfer will?
Thanks.
EDIT: did some Google research and apparently there's an option in Paypal to disable this feature. Since the webshop is using the Paypal account for my company I can't login now to check it. I'll report back next week if I have been able to fix it or not.
I have one problem, though. I have added a tax rate for Belgian customers (21%) and it works fine in the shop, but when I choose the Paypal payment option, Paypal adds another 21% on top of that. Does anyone know of a way around this? I would like to apply the tax in HikaShop itself because I also offer payment by bank transfer, and so then they need to see the total amount to transfer, including tax.
Is it possible to set a taxrate only for a specific payment option? So that people who choose Paypal will not see the tax added in the Webshop, and people choosing bank transfer will?
Thanks.
EDIT: did some Google research and apparently there's an option in Paypal to disable this feature. Since the webshop is using the Paypal account for my company I can't login now to check it. I'll report back next week if I have been able to fix it or not.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by obsolum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34720
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Taxes work in HIkashop but Paypal adds them again
Yes, the problem is that you have configured taxes in your PayPal account so PayPal add again taxes to the orders.
Deactivating that in your PayPal account should solve the problem.
Deactivating that in your PayPal account should solve the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds