- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
Manual shipping method and Australia post
14 years 8 months ago #34825
by CassHW
Manual shipping method and Australia post was created by CassHW
Hello,
I've got both pluggins enabled.
This is what I want to achieve:
for small items, I want to use Australia post
for big items, like the saddles, they have to go via courier
This is what I've done:
I've created multiple manual shippings based on specific zones.
For each of them, I've assigned different prices.
The conditions are that the item is 11 kg minimum and $500 minimum
However, when I test with a saddle and gets to the checkout, it says the item is too big and there is no shipping available for it and it cannot be shipped.
All saddles are set to 12 kg and cost more than $500
thanks
I've got both pluggins enabled.
This is what I want to achieve:
for small items, I want to use Australia post
for big items, like the saddles, they have to go via courier
This is what I've done:
I've created multiple manual shippings based on specific zones.
For each of them, I've assigned different prices.
The conditions are that the item is 11 kg minimum and $500 minimum
However, when I test with a saddle and gets to the checkout, it says the item is too big and there is no shipping available for it and it cannot be shipped.
All saddles are set to 12 kg and cost more than $500
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34867
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Manual shipping method and Australia post
Hi,
Here is a list of all the possible problems if a shipping method is not displayed on the checkout:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
It must be one of these points.
If you could post a screenshot of the options page of your shipping method we might be able to tell what is the problem.
Here is a list of all the possible problems if a shipping method is not displayed on the checkout:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
It must be one of these points.
If you could post a screenshot of the options page of your shipping method we might be able to tell what is the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #34907
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Re: Manual shipping method and Australia post
Hi Nicolas,
sorry but it doesn't seem there is an answer in the FAQs. The Australia post shipping works fine with all other products, the small ones.
The size of the saddles is too big for Australia Post so this is why I have to use a courier.
So what I would like to achieve is that if someone orders a saddle, then the system should see it is not compliant with Australia Post and only show the manual shipping I've setup based on their address.
This is the message I receive at the checkout:
"The cart items combined volume is too big for all the possible shipping methods
No shipping methods available to your location"
Here is a screenshot of the manual shipping methods:
One of the methods:
Setup for a saddle:
It seems that once the Australia Post plugin finds out it cannot be shipped by post, the system doesn't use the manual shipping method.
Here is a screenshot of the checkout. The address is for QLD so it should work
sorry but it doesn't seem there is an answer in the FAQs. The Australia post shipping works fine with all other products, the small ones.
The size of the saddles is too big for Australia Post so this is why I have to use a courier.
So what I would like to achieve is that if someone orders a saddle, then the system should see it is not compliant with Australia Post and only show the manual shipping I've setup based on their address.
This is the message I receive at the checkout:
"The cart items combined volume is too big for all the possible shipping methods
No shipping methods available to your location"
Here is a screenshot of the manual shipping methods:
One of the methods:
Setup for a saddle:
It seems that once the Australia Post plugin finds out it cannot be shipped by post, the system doesn't use the manual shipping method.
Here is a screenshot of the checkout. The address is for QLD so it should work
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by CassHW.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34929
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Manual shipping method and Australia post
Your settings seems fine. Could you give a link to your website so that we can see your checkout ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #35001
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Re: Manual shipping method and Australia post
sure Nicolas.
here it is
www.horsewhispers.com.au/jupgrade
Use the top menu named "SADDLES" to get to them
thanks
here it is
www.horsewhispers.com.au/jupgrade
Use the top menu named "SADDLES" to get to them
thanks
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by CassHW.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35003
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Manual shipping method and Australia post
I just tried and it worked properly.
I saw the shipping method for queensland and was able to checkout my order of a saddle.
I saw the shipping method for queensland and was able to checkout my order of a saddle.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35011
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Re: Manual shipping method and Australia post
uh?? :blink:
ok..
did you register as a new user?
I was thinking last night that the users got imported from VM and maybe there might have some fields that didn't match? I was using test accounts that I had in there prior to the import.
I can't test it now but I will tonight and will create a new test account to see what happens.
this is very strange but I'm glad it worked for you, it means there is hope!
ok..
did you register as a new user?
I was thinking last night that the users got imported from VM and maybe there might have some fields that didn't match? I was using test accounts that I had in there prior to the import.
I can't test it now but I will tonight and will create a new test account to see what happens.
this is very strange but I'm glad it worked for you, it means there is hope!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35032
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Re: Manual shipping method and Australia post
yep, it works.
I had to create a new user though and it went ok
Thank you for your help
I had to create a new user though and it went ok
Thank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds