- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 0
Custom fields
14 years 8 months ago #35073
by standib
Custom fields was created by standib
I have a client that want to offer custom embroidered and printed products (Name Tags, Cards, Badges, etc). Is there a tutorial section for that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35082
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom fields
Custom fields can be created via the menu Display->Custom fields.
Here is the documentation for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Here is the documentation for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35186
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Re: Custom fields
Thank you for the reply. I knew how to create a custom field. How do I connect it to a product?. Isn't there a step by step example of this in the documentation?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35198
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom fields
There is no step by step documentation because that's easy to do:
Create a new category and leave it unpublished.
Add that category as a second category to your product.
Add that category in the categories listing of the custom field.
And voilà.
Create a new category and leave it unpublished.
Add that category as a second category to your product.
Add that category in the categories listing of the custom field.
And voilà.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35216
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Re: Custom fields
Those three steps made a lot of sense.
I created a custom field and a new category to put the custom field in. I then added that category to the product. I found the custom field for that product listed under Specifications. My only problem is that I entered a Default value in the appropriate place in the custom field and it cannot be overridden. It does not act as a form text field, just text. Any suggestions?
I created a custom field and a new category to put the custom field in. I then added that category to the product. I found the custom field for that product listed under Specifications. My only problem is that I entered a Default value in the appropriate place in the custom field and it cannot be overridden. It does not act as a form text field, just text. Any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35251
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom fields
You created a custom field of the table "product" which is only to display information on the product page.
You should create a custom field of the table "item" so that the form displays on the product page.
You should create a custom field of the table "item" so that the form displays on the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35254
by standib
Replied by standib on topic Re: Custom fields
That was the answer. Thank you so much.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds