- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
Discount by user
I guess it is not there as I cannot find it, but just to check out, is there a possibility to set that user X for example has Y% discount ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
how about if I create a discount zone, assign a Discount to that zone and then add the discount in the user's custom fields.
It sounds like it will work like that, but it doesn't.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
can you check in the admin the discount zones, the discount itself and the fields in the address of the user Administrator.
It looks like it should work but never checks for that extra field. Should I add it in the checkout workflow somehow?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
can you explain this further? What is the purpose of extra zones (discount, shipping etc) if they are checked during the checkout? Just to handle extra user information?
Edit: Also, what does the Zone field do in the Discount page, it doesn't seem to work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The zone restriction enables you to limit a discount to a zone. By default it uses your main tax zone as the zone of the user. Then, when the user enters/selects his address on the checkout, the user's zone becomes his state (or his country if there is no state field). The system checks the zone like this:
It first loads all the parent zones of the user's zone. So for example, if the user lives in Rhone (the default value in HikaShop), the system will load the zone europe, france and rhone. If the discount zone is not one of these zones, the discount won't be applied.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So a way to do this is disable the State field in the frontend (maybe add it as a custom text box) and then edit the country states as discount zones.
Anyway that discount would check custom added zones besides state or add a special discount per user feature in the future versions?
I have some special customers I want to give discount to (without coupons that can be used by any user) and it doesn't seem possible, even though through the GUI I thought it would work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem with limiting coupons and shipping based on other zone fields than the address country and state fields is that the system won't be able to decide on which field the limitation should apply.
It's a nice work around you thought of, but that's not the goal of that feature, which is why it doesn't work. The real solution will be to use our futur ACL integration to limit coupons and discounts to a user or a group of users.
Again, coupons seems a nice work around to me. You could send the coupon code via email and why not limit the coupon to one use. That way, that would avoid having someone else use the coupon, if that's what you're afraid of.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
you should use some 3rd party component to create extra groups.
I understand the problems you are having but I think that with the full ACL coming with Joomla 1.6, Hikashop won't add this feature.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Concerning the access to only one person, we can't display a dropdown with all the users because it wouldn't work on websites with a lot of users and we can't use a popup to select the user via a listing screen since the access management screen is already displayed in a popup for prices. In brief, we didn't find an easy solution which would work for all the cases and decided to think a bit more about it before we do it. Plus, you can always create a group of one person so that you give access to only that user.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
BTW J1.6 is stable but probably in 6 months I could try to migrate. My site use many extensions and I have to wait untill developers will upgrade their work
I have to find ACl extensions in JED to use now.Afonic, could you suggest any ext., pls - I need make group only ( no special restrictions).
Thx
FOUND IT: Djf acl - easy and free and works
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
About Joomla 1.6 it is a shame no migration way is provided. I simply cannot understand what are they thinking... I manage over 20 Joomla 1.5 sites and there is no way we are upgrading soon...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think that DJF ACL creates standard joomla groups: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...access-control/13050
Also, with joomla 1.6 you don't need any external ACL extension as you can directly create new user groups with joomla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Coupons are great but if you want a user to have a permanent discount in your shop maybe is easier to assign it directly to that user without having to create a coupon.
Just a small field as suggested on the user details would do, I know programming will require much more than that, just suggesting
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.