- Posts: 33
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics name length
14 years 8 months ago #35655
by jcwerb
Characteristics name length was created by jcwerb
Hi,
I am adding a tooltip script to the characteristics names that I enter, so the number of characters in the 'name' field when I add a characteristic is sometimes longer than 255 characters which seems to be the limit. How can I increase this?
Thank you!
Johanna
I am adding a tooltip script to the characteristics names that I enter, so the number of characters in the 'name' field when I add a characteristic is sometimes longer than 255 characters which seems to be the limit. How can I increase this?
Thank you!
Johanna
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #35705
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Characteristics name length
Hi,
Indeed, that field is limited to 256 characters in the database.
To change that, you will have to edit the field characteristic_value of the table jos_hikashop_characteristic via phpmyadmin and set its type to TEXT. Then the limit will be around 65000 characters.
Indeed, that field is limited to 256 characters in the database.
To change that, you will have to edit the field characteristic_value of the table jos_hikashop_characteristic via phpmyadmin and set its type to TEXT. Then the limit will be around 65000 characters.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds