Update stock items
I can not find the stock management.
Is there a rapid application to update the quantity of each product?
I will not have to get into every single article every time ... is not it?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
product_code,product_quantity
my_prod1,15
my_prod2,36
...etc...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm a little bit unskilful!!!!
How does cvs work?
I know Excel files. Does it work with that?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can open a CSV file in excel, then, you can also export it to a CSV file.
But you can't directly import excel files in HikaShop, they need to be saved as CSV files in Excel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I save a CSV file by clicking Export.
I open it with Excel.
On each row I find all the data of each product.
I modify the quantity of a product for example .
Save the file as a CSV file.
Import this file on IKASHOP by clicking Import: import product: from CVS - load a file: my file - file: ?????(what kind?) - update ... yes - create ... yes - force ... yes
And it is done?
Without crack or loss of data?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You you can do simpler. Just go in import -> load from textarea and directly write this:
product_code,product_quantity
my_prod1,15
my_prod2,36
...etc...
And your products with the code my_prod1 and my_prod2 will have their quantities updated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It works! :laugh:
Thanks a lot!!!
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The charset ? There is an option for the charset on the import screen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is a setting where you choose that: BIG5,ISO-....,UTF...,windows... etc.
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On default is : unknown.
To import my file have I to leave it to unknown?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But it might not work in some cases (you would have strange characters where you have special characters like accents, ideograms, etc). If you see strange characters in your products information after importing it, then, you should import the file again with the correct charset configured.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Or how can i do to know it?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, choose the same encoding in the import screen of HikaShop and you should be fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But when I export my products (by clicking export on Hikashop) I can not set any charset encoding.
When I open the file exported with Excell I can not set any charset encoding.
Where and when have I to set the export charset encoding?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop exports always in UTF8.
Here is a tutorial to import CSV files with the encoding selection for Excel:
kwiksurveys.com/docs/?Appendix:Importing_UTF-8_CSV_to_Excel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried it with "open office calc" I was able to select unicode utf8, but when opening the file, the data were all mixed up, impossible to work.
I tried with my excel (version 2002 sp3), but there is no choice unicode utf8. I tried it without selecting it. Opening the data are accurate and perfectly stacked and easy to change. After I saved it there was some incompatibilities and, after importing, I had all the prices changed. It seems to me that the damage I've only had on prices. Now I'll correct them and then I'll give up.
Too difficult! In the future, maybe, you can put a procedure a little more easy and quick to change the quantity of products.
The system: "import -> load Directly from textarea and write this: product_code, product_quantity"
works well; but every time you have to remember all the codes of the products and if you make a mistake just on 1 character, the system creates a new product.
For now, every time I'll have to do updates I'll open the file of each product.
Thanks anyway, always very kind
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, import the file vie the import screen of HikaShop and it will only import the quantities.
When you import the file via openoffice calc, make sure that you select the correct separator (comma or semi colon) based on what you configured in the Files tab of the configuration of HikaShop. If you don't have the same separator, it won't work properly and I guess that it's why it didn't work correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If I use load from textarea and directly write this:
product_quantity
unlimited
Will it go through all my products and change to unlimited. I don't need any stock checking for my shop.
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.