- Thank you received: 0
Design Appearance of Module
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
14 years 8 months ago #36164
by dlaughter
Design Appearance of Module was created by dlaughter
New to HikaShop, and somewhat to Joomla for that matter. On my development site at
silverconnection.cloudaccess.net
I would like to replace the default catalog layout that came on the site template with HikaShop. In the left column, there are two modules. The module named Jewellery Categories is the default that came with the template using the DJ-Catalog2 extension. Underneath that is the HikaShop module that I want to replace the default module with. I'm wondering how I can change the design/appearance of the HikaShop module to look like the default module?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36202
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Design Appearance of Module
Hi,
Go in the menu Display->Content modules and edit your hikashop module (provided that you already created one following or tutorials on that here: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html ). There, you will find all the options to help you display your hikashop modules like the ones you already have.
I see that you have a carousel module, so if you want to do like that you will want to look here:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...cle&id=55&Itemid=103
Go in the menu Display->Content modules and edit your hikashop module (provided that you already created one following or tutorials on that here: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html ). There, you will find all the options to help you display your hikashop modules like the ones you already have.
I see that you have a carousel module, so if you want to do like that you will want to look here:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...cle&id=55&Itemid=103
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #36206
by dlaughter
Replied by dlaughter on topic Re: Design Appearance of Module
Thanks for the reply. I did create the module by following your tutorial of Categories Within a Module. It functions fine and each category within the module goes where it should. To be more specific, I'm wondering about the CSS aspect of the module. I have the css for the default template module contents, but from there I can't figure out where to put this code in the hikashop css file at System > Configuration > Display > CSS > Front-end CSS File. So I am trying to make the cosmetics of the new hikashop module exactly like the default module above it. Once I have that then I can unpublish the default module.
silverconnection.cloudaccess.net/
Doug
silverconnection.cloudaccess.net/
Doug
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #36208
by dlaughter
Replied by dlaughter on topic Re: Design Appearance of Module
By the way, interestingly enough, the module title inherited the default css but the category links within the module doesn't.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36238
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Design Appearance of Module
In the hikashop options of your module, you should set the option "UL class name" to " menu" (don't forget the space at the beginning) and that will do what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dlaughter
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #36249
by dlaughter
Replied by dlaughter on topic Re: Design Appearance of Module
Ahh, you made my day. I put _menu there with no luck but (space)menu worked perfectly. Can't thank you enough.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds