- Posts: 39
- Thank you received: 0
Generate products from folder issue
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #36381
by Margot
Generate products from folder issue was created by Margot
Hi Nicolas,
I have been experimenting with generating products from files from the contents of a folder.
I can only succeed if I enter the path to an existing folder that is not there ... very strange. To clarify the example importsuccess.jpg, the folder /jpegs/ is in my domain name root directory, but it takes files out of my joomla directory and creates products from those. I had to purchase them back from myself and put them back - they were just text files but still a little worrying to just leave them out. It would be a good ideato always have the remove files radio button selected by default by the way.
When I give the correct path, regardless of where the folder is in the hierarchy I get the error message in the attached file called importfail.jg.
I have tried many configurations, both placing the source folder for my images at higher places in the hierarchy (thats how I accidentally found out how it can work) and changing the permissions on folders from 777 to 755 and back again.
My files are 3 to a little over 10 mb jpegs.
I have been experimenting with generating products from files from the contents of a folder.
I can only succeed if I enter the path to an existing folder that is not there ... very strange. To clarify the example importsuccess.jpg, the folder /jpegs/ is in my domain name root directory, but it takes files out of my joomla directory and creates products from those. I had to purchase them back from myself and put them back - they were just text files but still a little worrying to just leave them out. It would be a good ideato always have the remove files radio button selected by default by the way.
When I give the correct path, regardless of where the folder is in the hierarchy I get the error message in the attached file called importfail.jg.
I have tried many configurations, both placing the source folder for my images at higher places in the hierarchy (thats how I accidentally found out how it can work) and changing the permissions on folders from 777 to 755 and back again.
My files are 3 to a little over 10 mb jpegs.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Margot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36435
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Generate products from folder issue
Hi,
You need to either:
Give the full path of the folder on your server. On linux, that should start with /home/...
Give the relative path of the folder from your website root folder ( where you have the index.php or configuration.php file ).
If your folder is outside your website root folder as it is apparently the case, you need to give the full path of the folder. And apparently you didn't do that, thus the error
You need to either:
Give the full path of the folder on your server. On linux, that should start with /home/...
Give the relative path of the folder from your website root folder ( where you have the index.php or configuration.php file ).
If your folder is outside your website root folder as it is apparently the case, you need to give the full path of the folder. And apparently you didn't do that, thus the error
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #36482
by Margot
Replied by Margot on topic Re: Generate products from folder issue
Thanks for your reply but I am getting the same result. Maybe I am not writing the path in the correct way, can you give me an example of what it should look like relative to my directory structure.
My director structure looks like this:
/
-mydomainname.dk
--web (joomla folder containing php files - index and config)
---jpegs (the folder that my files that I want to turn into products are in)
If I express that as
/home/mydomainname.dk/web/jpegs/
/home/web/jpegs/
or
/web/jpegs/
//web/jpegs/
I get the same error messages. Have also tried removing the last forward slash as well.
My director structure looks like this:
/
-mydomainname.dk
--web (joomla folder containing php files - index and config)
---jpegs (the folder that my files that I want to turn into products are in)
If I express that as
/home/mydomainname.dk/web/jpegs/
/home/web/jpegs/
or
/web/jpegs/
//web/jpegs/
I get the same error messages. Have also tried removing the last forward slash as well.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Margot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36536
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Generate products from folder issue
You should not try to guess your absolute website path. It could be anything. You should retrieve it.
Here is for example a tutorial on how to know your absolute website path:
docs.joomla.org/How_to_find_your_absolute_path
Here is for example a tutorial on how to know your absolute website path:
docs.joomla.org/How_to_find_your_absolute_path
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36611
by Margot
Replied by Margot on topic Re: Generate products from folder issue
Aaaah, thats interesting. I've been guessing!!
I will chck it out, thanks!!
I will chck it out, thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds