Skip to main content

An example of custom fields

More
14 years 8 months ago #36576 by Awards4u
Hi,

Is there an example of custom fields in the demo website or anyone else has done. Any step by step documentation. I'm trying to get the customer to write text in a text box. If they do write in the text box and they buy the item I would charge them. I would get the text in an e-mail.

The second thing I would need to do is they can upload a file to me and I would get that in an e-mail or somehow I would get it.

Here is a website with an example: www.awardstoronto.com/viceroy-annual-cup-21-p-1503.html

It says engraving or upload logo!

Thanks,
Mohammed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36586 by nicolas
Hi,

For that, you'll have to create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields. Just make sure they are enabled on the front end and you should see them on your product page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36664 by Awards4u
Thanks, for the help. I got it to work. The only problem now is the text and the upload part shows before the discription. How can I get it to show after the discription? Or at the bottom.

Also, is it possible to change the font of the custom fields?

www.awards4u.ca/index.php/trophies/plaqu...0-star-series-plaque

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36717 by nicolas
For that, you will have to edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and change the order of the different areas of the product page.

For the font, you will have to edit the front end CSS file of HikaShop in the Display tab of the configuration and add CSS code like that:

.hikashop_product_custom_item_name{
color : green;
}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36745 by Awards4u
Hi, I tried to change the position of the show.php but couldn't get it to work. It gave me an error so I changed it back. Sorry I don't know php.
Would it be possible to check it out for me and let me know how to change it.

Thanks for all your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36831 by nicolas
We can do such code customization for you for a small fee. If interested, please use our contact form to request a quote and give a link to this thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum