- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Update inventory question
14 years 7 months ago #39020
by ssaxton
Update inventory question was created by ssaxton
Hi,
I have a small issue. I have a wholesale supplier who I get merchandise from. Each day I get an excel spreadsheet of his whole product list, numbering more than 5,000 items, and the quantities of each. I only stock about 1000 of what he has available. So my question is this: Is there away of importing the csv file into Hikashop and updating only my stock without creating new products from the rest of the products that has available that I don't want?
Thanks
I have a small issue. I have a wholesale supplier who I get merchandise from. Each day I get an excel spreadsheet of his whole product list, numbering more than 5,000 items, and the quantities of each. I only stock about 1000 of what he has available. So my question is this: Is there away of importing the csv file into Hikashop and updating only my stock without creating new products from the rest of the products that has available that I don't want?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39118
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Update inventory question
Hi,
You can import the CSV via the menu Product->import.
However, that will create new products when they don't already exists.
To avoid that, the only option would be to change the code of the import system in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helper/import.php
You can import the CSV via the menu Product->import.
However, that will create new products when they don't already exists.
To avoid that, the only option would be to change the code of the import system in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helper/import.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #39177
by ssaxton
Replied by ssaxton on topic Re: Update inventory question
Thanks Nicolas.
I've sent you and message
Steve
I've sent you and message
Steve
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by ssaxton.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds