- Posts: 83
- Thank you received: 0
why am I getting the above message
14 years 7 months ago #39965
by shiri
why am I getting the above message was created by shiri
Hi,
When doing the checkout I am getting the above message(please see attached) before directed to paypal why?
Thanks
When doing the checkout I am getting the above message(please see attached) before directed to paypal why?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39968
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: why am I getting the above message
That's because Joomla couldn't send the order creation notification email.
You should check that you can send emails with the mass mail function of joomla.
If no, the problem is that you didn't configure properly the mail options in the joomla configuration. Please ask your hosting company for more information on the correct settings.
If yes, the problem is that your email server is rejecting the emails because it doesn't like some of the settings in the Emails tab of the configuration of HikaShop.
It can come from the encoding, the add name option, the bounce back email option.
Again, you should ask your hosting company for more information on the correct settings.
You should check that you can send emails with the mass mail function of joomla.
If no, the problem is that you didn't configure properly the mail options in the joomla configuration. Please ask your hosting company for more information on the correct settings.
If yes, the problem is that your email server is rejecting the emails because it doesn't like some of the settings in the Emails tab of the configuration of HikaShop.
It can come from the encoding, the add name option, the bounce back email option.
Again, you should ask your hosting company for more information on the correct settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39971
by shiri
Replied by shiri on topic Re: why am I getting the above message
I am not hosting my website yet
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39977
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: why am I getting the above message
Then, did you configure an email server on your computer ? Probably not, so that's normal that you have these errors.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #39999
by shiri
Replied by shiri on topic Re: why am I getting the above message
you mean to change the global configuration of joomla /server/mail setting?
so it is related to joomla setting not Hikashop?
so it is related to joomla setting not Hikashop?
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by shiri.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40163
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: why am I getting the above message
Yes it's related t joomla setup.
If you want your website to be able to send emails, you have to configure the joomla configuration for that so that joomla can connect to an email server in order to send the emails.
Here is a page where you can see an example of configuration of Joomla in order to connect to your gmail account (if you have one) in order to send the emails (that's the acymailing email configuration but the joomla email configuration is the same. I'm talking about the right part of the screenshot):
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/5...ing-config.html#smtp
If you want your website to be able to send emails, you have to configure the joomla configuration for that so that joomla can connect to an email server in order to send the emails.
Here is a page where you can see an example of configuration of Joomla in order to connect to your gmail account (if you have one) in order to send the emails (that's the acymailing email configuration but the joomla email configuration is the same. I'm talking about the right part of the screenshot):
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/5...ing-config.html#smtp
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds