- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Minimimum order value or qty
- bluetonguedesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I have setup a number of their products with "Wholesale" pricing. I have setup some of their clients as "Wholesale Level" clients so they see the wholesale pricing fine.
But, they want to know, is it possible to say....
Their order value MUST be a minimum of $500
OR
They MUST order a minimum of 20 items.
Is that sort of thing possible?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can set restrictions on the price and on the weight/volume (which you can use for counting if all your products have the same weight/volume).
If however, you're using other shipping methods like UPS or USPS, that won't be possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bluetonguedesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
Does that mean you have to have a set of manual shipping options JUST for wholesale customers to then put the restrictions?
I did not know you could have shipping options set for a different "class" of user?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If no shipping methods are found, the system won't let the order finish and will display an error message which can then be customized via a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
I've edited the shipping methods so that the minimum price is £2.
I did a practice order of £1 to see what came up and the message was wrong - it says 'The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods'
shouldn't it say 'The total of your order is too low for all the possible shipping methods'?
have i done something wrong?
Tanya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
yes I know what you mean.
I want customers to place a minimum order of £2 (before shipping and VAT).
so I edited the shipping method to minimum price £2.
I tried a practice order for £1 and it said 'The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods'
I've had a look at the language section:
ITEMS_WEIGHT_TOO_BIG_FOR_SHIPPING_METHODS="The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods"
ORDER_TOTAL_TOO_LOW_FOR_SHIPPING_METHODS="The total of your order is too low for all the possible shipping methods"
I want it to say the second one and I'm not sure why it doesn't?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We would need to have a screenshot of your shipping methods options in order to help you more precisely.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
I tried an order for a £1 item, which weighs 0.015kg - it brings up the wrong message as i explained earlier.
I've only put it on the first method for now as its not working properly - could this be why its not working? do i need to put it on every method?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
if i take off the £2 minimum price and try a practice order, the shop works out the correct postage just fine (0.90 plus vat) with no problems.
do you have any more ideas as to what it could be?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First, the system loads all the shipping methods.
Then, it checks for min and max prices and remove the shipping methods which don't fit (so it removes the first one).
Then, it checks for min and max weight and remove all the other shipping methods. Thus, the error message says that the weight is too low.
That's the normal behaviour.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
I ended up editing the error message in the languages section to state that either the order total was too low or the combined weight was too large for all shipping methods.
thank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.