- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 2
gather products of different categories into one
14 years 7 months ago #40505
by ozwest
gather products of different categories into one was created by ozwest
I have had one specific request to create the categories in the following order:
- colour black
- handbag
- purse ... etc
- colour brown
- handbag
- purse etc.
Now the idea is to gather all the handbags of all the colours into one output. Is there any idea how this could be done without reordering the categories, as the prime focus is on colour not product.
Thanks
- colour black
- handbag
- purse ... etc
- colour brown
- handbag
- purse etc.
Now the idea is to gather all the handbags of all the colours into one output. Is there any idea how this could be done without reordering the categories, as the prime focus is on colour not product.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40682
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: gather products of different categories into one
Hi,
I don't see a way to do that with the options in HikaShop.
With a custom plugin, then yes, that would be possible. Otherwise, no.
I don't see a way to do that with the options in HikaShop.
With a custom plugin, then yes, that would be possible. Otherwise, no.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40726
by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Re: gather products of different categories into one
What a pity ... would you be able to write such a custom plugin and what would it cost?
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40834
by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Re: gather products of different categories into o
I solved the problem by creating more categories namely:
Colour Black -> Handbags
-> Belts
-> Hats
Colour Brown -> Handbags
-> Belts
-> Hats
(which is the existing)
now I created the item categories on the top level as well
- Handbags
- Belts
- Hats
and when a for example black handbag is added, it will belong to the "colour black -> handbags" category as well as "handbags". So I can search 2 different ways.
Problem solved.
Colour Black -> Handbags
-> Belts
-> Hats
Colour Brown -> Handbags
-> Belts
-> Hats
(which is the existing)
now I created the item categories on the top level as well
- Handbags
- Belts
- Hats
and when a for example black handbag is added, it will belong to the "colour black -> handbags" category as well as "handbags". So I can search 2 different ways.
Problem solved.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds