- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Import 3-level categories tree
14 years 7 months ago #40794
by Nanni
Import 3-level categories tree was created by Nanni
I have to import a 3 levels categories tree. Like this:
parent_category sub-categories-level1 sub-categories-level2
WWWW001 WWW0001 WW00750, WW00752
WWW0010 ......., .......
WWWW002 ....... ........
Doing a csv like this:
parent_category categories
WWWW001 WWW0001
WWWW001 WWW0010
WWW0010 WW00750
WWW0010 WW00752
The categories tree results correcly made
I tried to simplify the import file in this way:
parent_category categories
WWWW001 WWW0001, WWW0010
WWW0010 WW00750, WW00752
It did the first line correctly (parent category WWW001 with 2 sub-categories: WWW0001 and WWW0010)
but create a new WWW0010 as top categories.
Also doing in in two steps (two file imported, one with the first line only, and the other with the second line only)
generated the same problem.
Is it possible only the first import file structure ?
parent_category sub-categories-level1 sub-categories-level2
WWWW001 WWW0001 WW00750, WW00752
WWW0010 ......., .......
WWWW002 ....... ........
Doing a csv like this:
parent_category categories
WWWW001 WWW0001
WWWW001 WWW0010
WWW0010 WW00750
WWW0010 WW00752
The categories tree results correcly made
I tried to simplify the import file in this way:
parent_category categories
WWWW001 WWW0001, WWW0010
WWW0010 WW00750, WW00752
It did the first line correctly (parent category WWW001 with 2 sub-categories: WWW0001 and WWW0010)
but create a new WWW0010 as top categories.
Also doing in in two steps (two file imported, one with the first line only, and the other with the second line only)
generated the same problem.
Is it possible only the first import file structure ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #40990
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Import 3-level categories tree
Both solutions are possible.
There must be a problem with the syntax of your CSV file.
I did it like that on my end and it worked:
parent_category;categories
WWWW001;WWW0001,WWW0010
WWW0010;WW00750,WW00752
There must be a problem with the syntax of your CSV file.
I did it like that on my end and it worked:
parent_category;categories
WWWW001;WWW0001,WWW0010
WWW0010;WW00750,WW00752
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41122
by Nanni
Replied by Nanni on topic Re: Import 3-level categories tree
Many thanks for your suggestion.
I imported successfully the 3-level catalog, following your example.
(I tested previously that structure, but, evidentely, I did some error)
I imported successfully the 3-level catalog, following your example.
(I tested previously that structure, but, evidentely, I did some error)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds