- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 1
Import customers from Virtuemart
14 years 7 months ago #41133
by Georg
Import customers from Virtuemart was created by Georg
It s me again 
I would like to import my virtuemart users from vm 1.5 and joomla 1.5 to my new hikashop in Joomla2.5
Aim is that the old customers can easyly check in and don´t need to write there adress; pw and things again.
is this possible???
Would be great to get some hints
I would like to import my virtuemart users from vm 1.5 and joomla 1.5 to my new hikashop in Joomla2.5
Aim is that the old customers can easyly check in and don´t need to write there adress; pw and things again.
is this possible???
Would be great to get some hints
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41319
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Import customers from Virtuemart
You should install HikaShop on your 1.5 website, do the export, and then upgrade your website to 2.5 using jupgrade and then deleting the HikaShop tables from the upgrade website and exporting/importing them from your old website (as well as the images that you should copy via FTP from the folder media/com_hikashop/upload of the old website to the same one in the new website)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41564
by Georg
Replied by Georg on topic Re: Import customers from Virtuemart
I installed hikashop already on my old j1.5 website and I have all users in hikashop. But they havn´t got adress details.
It´s probably because virtuemart has its own usermanagement.
But I ve got an csv file with all the info s I would like to use.
is this possible to import it to the hikashop users.
At my new site I have new customers and I m afrid of mixing all up if I copy and paste the tables like you adviced.
Probably ther is an other idea?
greetings!
It´s probably because virtuemart has its own usermanagement.
But I ve got an csv file with all the info s I would like to use.
is this possible to import it to the hikashop users.
At my new site I have new customers and I m afrid of mixing all up if I copy and paste the tables like you adviced.
Probably ther is an other idea?
greetings!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41565
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Import customers from Virtuemart
You need to run the import from virtuemart so that the addresses of your users get imported in HikaShop.
Before manipulating the database, you can do a backup using akeeba backup. that way, you can always restore the website if you have a problem.
Before manipulating the database, you can do a backup using akeeba backup. that way, you can always restore the website if you have a problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41639
by Georg
Replied by Georg on topic Re: Import customers from Virtuemart
Thank you verry much!
I ve got now the complete customers from VM in HikaShop. :laugh:
I ve got now the complete customers from VM in HikaShop. :laugh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds