Export products as CSV
14 years 7 months ago #41275
by jansuhr
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Export products as CSV was created by jansuhr
Is there a exportfunction to CSV or something like it? I haven't seen anything like that.
I would need to export all my products to fix some thing and then import it back.
Jan
I would need to export all my products to fix some thing and then import it back.
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41282
by wildfire
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Replied by wildfire on topic Re: Export products as CSV
This is one of the best features of hikashop.
In the backend when you are in the products area, there is an "Export" button up in the upper right toolbar area.
It exports a CSV file of your products that we like to open with Excel for easily changing things like Pricing, Products Details, etc. and then use the "Import" feature that is in the "Products" tab of the hikashop menu.
The import feature will create any new products that you have added to your CSV file and Update any existing products. It goes off of the "product_code" field to determine if the product is new or already existing.
Import/Export is by far one of the most powerful features of hikashop we use time and time again.
In the backend when you are in the products area, there is an "Export" button up in the upper right toolbar area.
It exports a CSV file of your products that we like to open with Excel for easily changing things like Pricing, Products Details, etc. and then use the "Import" feature that is in the "Products" tab of the hikashop menu.
The import feature will create any new products that you have added to your CSV file and Update any existing products. It goes off of the "product_code" field to determine if the product is new or already existing.
Import/Export is by far one of the most powerful features of hikashop we use time and time again.
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engsamady
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41294
by jansuhr
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: Export products as CSV
Thanks,
I missed that button.
It is a really nice thing to handle price changes and stuff with a csv-file and just do a find and replace for the whole product range.
I used the CSV-improved in VM and it has some great features.
Jan
I missed that button.
It is a really nice thing to handle price changes and stuff with a csv-file and just do a find and replace for the whole product range.
I used the CSV-improved in VM and it has some great features.
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41349
by jansuhr
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: Export products as CSV
I tried it now and I would have liked to see some options for the export. Like a selection of categories to export.
If you have a very large amount of products, and the most common case is to change something in just one of the categories, you would like to just export that category.
Can we put that up on the wishlist?
Jan
If you have a very large amount of products, and the most common case is to change something in just one of the categories, you would like to just export that category.
Can we put that up on the wishlist?
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41504
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Export products as CSV
Go in the category, display all the products, select them all with the global checkbox of the listing and click on export and you will only get the products of that category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41516
by jansuhr
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: Export products as CSV
Thanks, I am still learning about Hika 
Jan
Jan
Jan Suhr
www.colorconsult.se www.jansuhr.se
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds