- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
fields in the product info page
14 years 6 months ago #42919
by Nanni
fields in the product info page was created by Nanni
I need to display in the product info page (front end) some "input text" to allow the customer to freely write a generic alphanumericstring (i.e.: a dimension in cm.) and, also, to allow to upload a file, to be attached to the eventual order of the product.
I tried with options/characteristics, but I was not able to do that.
I tried with options/characteristics, but I was not able to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43009
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: fields in the product info page
In order to do that, you will have to create custom fields of the table "item" (Business edition) via the menu Display->Custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43138
by Nanni
Replied by Nanni on topic Re: fields in the product info page
I tried by the demo site.
I set a custom field (name: marca) with the following characteristics: in the product table, filed type: text, mandatory, Front-end: YES, Category: men
I would expect to find it in the product info table in the front-end, for the products of the sub-category "men", but I did not find anything
I did something wrong ?
PS I have not yet cancelled the "marca" custom field in the demo site. I cancelled it after your answer.
Thanks
I set a custom field (name: marca) with the following characteristics: in the product table, filed type: text, mandatory, Front-end: YES, Category: men
I would expect to find it in the product info table in the front-end, for the products of the sub-category "men", but I did not find anything
I did something wrong ?
PS I have not yet cancelled the "marca" custom field in the demo site. I cancelled it after your answer.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43281
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: fields in the product info page
Please reread my previous message. I talked about creating a custom field of the table "item", not "product". The custom product fields display the field in the edition page of the product so that you can add additional information to the product.
The demo website is reset automatically every hour.
The demo website is reset automatically every hour.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43308
by Nanni
Replied by Nanni on topic Re: fields in the product info page
Ok. I did it succesfully in the demo site.
Thank for the support.
I will proceed with the business edition
Thank for the support.
I will proceed with the business edition
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds