Skip to main content

Credit Card Surcharges/Debit Card Discounts

More
14 years 6 months ago #43436 by PhilP
Hi,
I am looking to add a small fixed percentage surcharge for customers who pay with credit card through our site or, alternatively, to provide a discount to debit card users.

I have played around with discounts and it appears that a negative discount (to create a surcharge) is not possible.

I therefore created a coupon to generate a discount for a debit card payment.

This works fine except that it appears that any one order will only support a single coupon. However, I also need to use coupons for special offer products so it means I will not be able to offer the debit card coupon on those special offer products at the same time.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give for solving this problem.

Thanks
PhilP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #43587 by nicolas
Hi,

Having fees for payment methods is something we have in our todo list so it will be possible in a future version of HikaShop.

In the mean time, coupons would be one solution but indeed, you can't have two coupons at the same time. Another one would be to add some custom code in the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views in order to add/remove a "fee" product from the cart based on the payment method selected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #43784 by PhilP
Thanks for your suggestion Nicolas,

The custom code idea is definitely one for our developers to consider.

In the meantime, I think I can solve it by creating a choice of two shipping methods:

1. Delivery and payment by credit card (a fixed fee for the delivery and a 2.5% credit card charge)
2. Delivery and payment by debit card (a fixed fee for the delivery and no debit card charge)

I think this will do the job for the time being.

Regards
PhilP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum