- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 1
Problem with importing GBP £ sign
14 years 6 months ago #43841
by PhilP
Problem with importing GBP £ sign was created by PhilP
Hi,
I have been uploading and creating some tabbed notes in our product store. When I bring in via a text area import everything works fine, as per image1.
However, when I import the identical dataset via a csv file, the tabs do not get created. See image 2.
My test dataset is below. The problem seems to be with the import of the £ currency sign.
I have a lot of these notes to do so I really need to import from a file rather than pasting into the text area.
Advice appreciated.
Regards
Phil P.
product_name,product_code,product_description
Test Product Main,xxTest_Product_Top,"
<p>{tab=Test Tab 1}</p>
<p>This is text on the first tab</p>
<p>{tab=Test Tab 2}</p>
<p>This is text on the second tab £99</p>
<p>{/tabs}"
I have been uploading and creating some tabbed notes in our product store. When I bring in via a text area import everything works fine, as per image1.
However, when I import the identical dataset via a csv file, the tabs do not get created. See image 2.
My test dataset is below. The problem seems to be with the import of the £ currency sign.
I have a lot of these notes to do so I really need to import from a file rather than pasting into the text area.
Advice appreciated.
Regards
Phil P.
product_name,product_code,product_description
Test Product Main,xxTest_Product_Top,"
<p>{tab=Test Tab 1}</p>
<p>This is text on the first tab</p>
<p>{tab=Test Tab 2}</p>
<p>This is text on the second tab £99</p>
<p>{/tabs}"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44034
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Problem with importing GBP £ sign
Hi,
It might be coming from an encoding mismatch. Your file must not be encoded in UTF8 or it is encoded in a different encoding than what you specifies in the encoding option of the import screen. So you should check the encoding of your CSV file.
It might be coming from an encoding mismatch. Your file must not be encoded in UTF8 or it is encoded in a different encoding than what you specifies in the encoding option of the import screen. So you should check the encoding of your CSV file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44076
by PhilP
Replied by PhilP on topic Re: Problem with importing GBP £ sign
Hi Nicolas,
Yes - that was the problem. I have just re-imported the file leaving the file charset as 'unknown' and the £ sign now displays correctly.
Thanks for your help.
PhilP
Yes - that was the problem. I have just re-imported the file leaving the file charset as 'unknown' and the £ sign now displays correctly.
Thanks for your help.
PhilP
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds