- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 1
Category listing in main menu and product ...
14 years 6 months ago #44464
by no9w
Category listing in main menu and product ... was created by no9w
Hi,
I need your expert advice again. I have a link in the main menu set up with the category listing and also a listing for the categories in a side module. The side module shows a list of each category and when clicked, then goes to the category with sub-categories and/or products listed. The link in the main menu shows all categories with a picture for each one and when the category there is clicked, it goes to the category listing, as supposed to do. Is there a way I can have the products show up also from the main menu listing? Would I need to do a module as in the side category for it to do that? I'm thinking that's what I might need to do, but not really sure if so and exactly how to link it to main menu.
One further question, when I create a characteristic, is there a maximum number of values I can list in a characteristic?
Thank you once again! I do appreciate very much your time!
I need your expert advice again. I have a link in the main menu set up with the category listing and also a listing for the categories in a side module. The side module shows a list of each category and when clicked, then goes to the category with sub-categories and/or products listed. The link in the main menu shows all categories with a picture for each one and when the category there is clicked, it goes to the category listing, as supposed to do. Is there a way I can have the products show up also from the main menu listing? Would I need to do a module as in the side category for it to do that? I'm thinking that's what I might need to do, but not really sure if so and exactly how to link it to main menu.
One further question, when I create a characteristic, is there a maximum number of values I can list in a characteristic?
Thank you once again! I do appreciate very much your time!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44589
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category listing in main menu and product ...
Normally you should see the products as well from the main menu. I suppose that the problem is that you either removed or unpublish the products listing associated module to your menu. I think the best is that you recreate you category listing menu by following the tutorial here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#categories_menu
There is no maximum number of values for characteristics. However, if you have more than a few hundred variants for a product, your server won't be able to display your product page as it will be too resource hungry.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#categories_menu
There is no maximum number of values for characteristics. However, if you have more than a few hundred variants for a product, your server won't be able to display your product page as it will be too resource hungry.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44637
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: Category listing in main menu and product ...
Thank you, I think things are working pretty well now! Yay!
One more question, can I set the US as default country for people when they are filling out their shipping information? I thought I had that done, but it seems I don't.
Thanks again, in advance!
One more question, can I set the US as default country for people when they are filling out their shipping information? I thought I had that done, but it seems I don't.
Thanks again, in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44785
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category listing in main menu and product ...
You can do that by editing the address country field via the menu Display>Custom fields
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds