- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
Can the customer choose how to display products?
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44505
by jberry210490
Can the customer choose how to display products? was created by jberry210490
Hi there,
I'm new to Hikashop. I was wondering whether it was possible to provide the customer with a of controls for handling the display of product listing pages. These controls would include "number of products to display per page" and "order the products by price" or "order the products alphabetically" etc... A perfect example of what I'm after is used in >> this website <<. I've not yet been able to find this functionality in Hikashop though.
Many thanks
I'm new to Hikashop. I was wondering whether it was possible to provide the customer with a of controls for handling the display of product listing pages. These controls would include "number of products to display per page" and "order the products by price" or "order the products alphabetically" etc... A perfect example of what I'm after is used in >> this website <<. I've not yet been able to find this functionality in Hikashop though.
Many thanks
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by jberry210490.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44513
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
Hi jberry210490,
To select the number of products to display per page, or ordering the products, you have to go in:
HikaShop > Display > Content menu (or content modules), edit you menu.
Here you will find: "Number of items" in the "Details" section
And: "Ordering field" in "Parameters for products"
To select the number of products to display per page, or ordering the products, you have to go in:
HikaShop > Display > Content menu (or content modules), edit you menu.
Here you will find: "Number of items" in the "Details" section
And: "Ordering field" in "Parameters for products"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jberry210490
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 6 months ago #44520
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
Thanks for the quick response Xavier,
I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for though.
People who have access to the back end can control the display of a product listing this way, but I'm interested in giving customers that ability through the front end like at >> this website <<. The public and registered customers see a control bar along the top of the front-end product listing that allows them to alter the product listing display in different ways.
Similar functionality can be found on Amazon and Ebay.
Is this possible?
I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for though.
People who have access to the back end can control the display of a product listing this way, but I'm interested in giving customers that ability through the front end like at >> this website <<. The public and registered customers see a control bar along the top of the front-end product listing that allows them to alter the product listing display in different ways.
Similar functionality can be found on Amazon and Ebay.
Is this possible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44538
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
Ah okay,
Yes it's possible, you have to create filters.
In HikaShop > Display > Filters, create a new filter with "Single dropdown" type for example, and select apply on "Price".
Then in System > Display, you can change the display of the filters.
Yes it's possible, you have to create filters.
In HikaShop > Display > Filters, create a new filter with "Single dropdown" type for example, and select apply on "Price".
Then in System > Display, you can change the display of the filters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jberry210490
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44543
by IamJim
Replied by IamJim on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
I am trying this now also..
re: In HikaShop > Display > Filters..
But I do not see "Filters" ??
re: In HikaShop > Display > Filters..
But I do not see "Filters" ??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44544
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
The "Filters" are only available in the business version of HikaShop.
You can try it on the demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/administrator/inde...hikashop&ctrl=filter
You can try it on the demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/administrator/inde...hikashop&ctrl=filter
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Xavier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IamJim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44553
by IamJim
Replied by IamJim on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
Thank you Xavier!!
New to Hika and giving it a test run..
Jim
New to Hika and giving it a test run..
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 6 months ago #44556
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
I notice in the demo you also have a drop down box at the bottom of the page to specify the number of products displayed on each page. Im guessing this isn't done with filters?
Jonathan
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44728
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Customer Display Controls for Product Listing
Yes. That is done with the normal pagination system of Joomla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds