- Posts: 95
- Thank you received: 1
Importing product cgaracteristics
14 years 6 months ago #45150
by vaclav
Importing product cgaracteristics was created by vaclav
Hello,
is it somehow possible to import characteristics? I have about 4000 products and almost every of them have at least one characteristic - colors or sizes and many of the products have both of them. There are many variants of size/product so I cant add one characteristic to all products, but I have to create unique characteristics for most products. I am trying to export my products from one HikaShop installation to another eshop running on HikaShop, but the characteristics does not "copy" when importing to a new and clear HikaShop installation.
Could you please help me?
Thanks
Vaclav
is it somehow possible to import characteristics? I have about 4000 products and almost every of them have at least one characteristic - colors or sizes and many of the products have both of them. There are many variants of size/product so I cant add one characteristic to all products, but I have to create unique characteristics for most products. I am trying to export my products from one HikaShop installation to another eshop running on HikaShop, but the characteristics does not "copy" when importing to a new and clear HikaShop installation.
Could you please help me?
Thanks
Vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45353
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Importing product cgaracteristics
Hi,
You can do that by export the data of the table hikashop_characteristic via phpmyadmin and importing it back on your new website also via phpmyadmin.
You can do that by export the data of the table hikashop_characteristic via phpmyadmin and importing it back on your new website also via phpmyadmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47218
by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Re: Importing product cgaracteristics
And wont this delete the characteristics which I have already made in the new website?
I mean if importing of hikashop_characteristic from website #1 via phpmyadmin will not overwrite the hikashop_characteristic at website #2? Or will such import just add new characteristics so finaly I will have website #1 and website #2 characteristic together at one website?
Thanks
Vaclav
I mean if importing of hikashop_characteristic from website #1 via phpmyadmin will not overwrite the hikashop_characteristic at website #2? Or will such import just add new characteristics so finaly I will have website #1 and website #2 characteristic together at one website?
Thanks
Vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #47454
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Importing product cgaracteristics
It won't won't overwrite them, but if you already have characteristics with the same id, it won't work properly. You would have to change the characteristic_id and characteristic_parent_id values in the exported file before importing it so that the ids are different that the ones in the new website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vaclav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds