Multilingual Productimport
- CMS-Buttler
-
Topic Author
- Offline
i have an text file with 3500 products.
In this file there are 4 different languages.
How could i import theses languages.
German is default
english, french, espanol are optional.
What database names do i need?
Thx
Andreas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
product_name|en-GB product_name|fr-FR
...etc...
same principle for the description.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CMS-Buttler
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CMS-Buttler
-
Topic Author
- Offline
when i try to create a costum field like you described it will automaticaly change to product_nameengb
Im not sure if this is rigth.
Thx
Andreas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CMS-Buttler
-
Topic Author
- Offline
but the problem appears when i create a costum field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CMS-Buttler
-
Topic Author
- Offline
if yes tell me your mail
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The installation is with Joomla 1.5.22, Joomfish 2.2.3.
3 languages: italian as default, english, french.
I have already imported succesfully the catalog with default language.
Following the above instruction, I added, in the original csv file, the colums for product_name, parent_category, categories in the different languages.
These are some rows, in example (product name is the same as the product code):
product_code;images;product_name;en-GB product_name;fr-FR product_name;parent_category;en-GB_parent_category;fr-FR parent_category;categories;en-GB categories;fr-FR categories
2701;2701.jpg;cod. 2701 ;cod. 2701;cod. 2701;ferro battuto;wrought iron;fer forgé;candelabri;candlesticks;chandeliers
2702;2702.jpg;cod. 2702;cod. 2702;cod. 2702;ferro battuto;wrought iron;fer forgé;candelabri;candlesticks;chandeliers
I receive errors like this: The column 'en-gb product_name' is not in the list of possible columns
Have I to create previously fields in the database?
But I verified that Joomfish insert the translations in its own table ....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's not en-GB product_name but product_name|en-GB
and it won't handle categories multi lingual import. It only works for the products.
For the categories, juste create then via the backend and only use the "categories" column with the id of the category and it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I corrected the csv in this way:
product_code;images;product_name;product_name|en-GB;product_name|fr-FR;categories
1912;1912.jpg;cod. 1912i;cod. 1912e;cod. 1912f;19
1913;1913.jpg;cod. 1913i;cod. 1913e;cod. 1913f;19
1914;1914.jpg;cod. 1914i;cod. 1914e;cod. 1914f;19
1915;1915.jpg;cod. 1915i;cod. 1915e;cod. 1915f;19
The import does no more generate error and has been concluded correctly, but, looking inside Joomfish, none traslantion for product name is shown (also in the front end none translation appears).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I installed HikaShop before Joomfish, but I did again the HikaShop installation.
I translate manually the categories by JoomFish.
I did some other tests, like this:
product_code;images;product_name|it-IT;product_name|en-GB;product_name|fr-FR
2701;2701.jpg;cod. 2701i;cod. 2701e;cod. 2701f
2702;2702.jpg;cod. 2702i;cod. 2702e;cod. 2702f
Eliminating the categories column and introducing some personalisation in the product name, to verify easily eventual translation imported.
But the import result is alwais the same: the default language product name is updated, but none translations is introduced for the product name for the other languages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try to import with the debug mode option of the joomla configuration turned on ?
Do you get any error at that point ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I add in attachment the debug output after the import of the CSV file and the same CSV file imported (1684 articles).
If needed and if you agree, I can send at your email the superuser account for the backend.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I imported your CSV on my end with the same version of JoomFish and it worked fine.
I can see in the traces you gave that HikaShop doesn't seem to find the correct tables of JoomFish.
Can you check that JoomFish is installed properly and works (try to translate some things with it) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
A manual translation of product name works correctly.
I used a prefix for the tables in the db (usha_), therefore the Joomfish tables in the database are:
usha_jf_content
usha_jf_languages_ext
usha_jf_tableinfo
Could be the prefix the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try to add the line:
var_dump($table);
after the lines:
$table = $this->database->loadResult();
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helper/import.php and try again ? Do you get some extra text displayed on the screen when you do so ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.