- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping volume and weight
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #48154
by tebba
Shipping volume and weight was created by tebba
Hi,
is there any possibility to add a fixed volume and weight to the cart products before calculating shipment cost?
If a company always packs products on a pallet how can I consider it for shipment cost?
thanks
is there any possibility to add a fixed volume and weight to the cart products before calculating shipment cost?
If a company always packs products on a pallet how can I consider it for shipment cost?
thanks
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by tebba.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48223
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping volume and weight
You mean that regardless of the number of products you want to have always the same weight and same volume ?
I don't see why ?
We don't have that possibility.
I don't see why ?
We don't have that possibility.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48235
by tebba
Replied by tebba on topic Re: Shipping volume and weight
no,
I mean adding a fixed weight ad volume to the values coming from the cart.
You purchase all you want but weight and volume used to apply the correct shipping method must be the ones coming from the cart + a certain fixed qty because goods are always packed using a pallet that have its weight and volume.
thanks
Claudio
I mean adding a fixed weight ad volume to the values coming from the cart.
You purchase all you want but weight and volume used to apply the correct shipping method must be the ones coming from the cart + a certain fixed qty because goods are always packed using a pallet that have its weight and volume.
thanks
Claudio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48293
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping volume and weight
Can you explain why you want to do that ?
What shipping method are you using in HikaShop ?
What shipping method are you using in HikaShop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48296
by tebba
Replied by tebba on topic Re: Shipping volume and weight
I have defined several shipping metods with different constraints in terms of weight and volume. According to the cart total weight/volume you will be automatically assigned to the right shipping method.
Whatever is the content of your cart, goods are packed on a pallet made of wood and quite big. Pallet weight and volume are not negligible and will be considered by the courrier to make the price.
Actually the price relative to the cart is always lower than the correct one because weight/volume of the pallet is not added to the weight/volume of the goods purchased.
I hope that now is more clear
regards
Whatever is the content of your cart, goods are packed on a pallet made of wood and quite big. Pallet weight and volume are not negligible and will be considered by the courrier to make the price.
Actually the price relative to the cart is always lower than the correct one because weight/volume of the pallet is not added to the weight/volume of the goods purchased.
I hope that now is more clear
regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48378
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping volume and weight
So from what I understand, it's quite simple to do.
Suppose that you have three manual shipping methods like that:
from 0kg to 50kg => $10
from 50kg to 100 kg => $20
from 100kg to 150kg => $30
Suppose that your pallet weights 10kg.
So, what you can do is changing these shipping methods weight limitations to:
from 0kg to 40kg => $10
from 40kg to 90 kg => $20
from 90kg to 140kg => $30
Suppose that you have three manual shipping methods like that:
from 0kg to 50kg => $10
from 50kg to 100 kg => $20
from 100kg to 150kg => $30
Suppose that your pallet weights 10kg.
So, what you can do is changing these shipping methods weight limitations to:
from 0kg to 40kg => $10
from 40kg to 90 kg => $20
from 90kg to 140kg => $30
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48417
by tebba
Replied by tebba on topic Re: Shipping volume and weight
Yes,
I did that before and it works.
I hoped to have a place where to put those fixed values to make the process easier.
Your product has so many functions that I decided to ask
Thanks for your help
regards
Claudio
I did that before and it works.
I hoped to have a place where to put those fixed values to make the process easier.
Your product has so many functions that I decided to ask
Thanks for your help
regards
Claudio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48473
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping volume and weight
Ok, so no, there is no option for that. We didn't feel that it was necessary since it can be done easily like that and that there are already lots of options everywhere
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds