- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Get "Textareas" to Display As Entered By The Users
14 years 5 months ago #48599
by LenaK
Get "Textareas" to Display As Entered By The Users was created by LenaK
1. I have added a few textareas for messages that are required fields my users will apply to the products they select on my site. Instead of displaying a string of all the text without the carriage returns, is there some code that I can add to my php file that will apply to all textarea's on my website? I've had a look at an echo of "nl2br(htmlspecialchars($string));" in my php file, but it appears that i have to do something else to make the "enters" display as they were entered. I can't believe this issue has not been asked a hundred times, or if it has, perhaps I'm using the wrong terminology in my searches. I suppose it's obvious I'm new to all of this. <grin>
2. How do I suppress displaying field names for these custom fields?
3. How do I get the the price of variants to display as soon as they are selected on the products page? It appears that my customers will be selecting a variant without knowing it's cost and I'm not sure I would bother to proceed to purchase without knowing what the item cost.
Thanks very much. Love the program.
Lena
2. How do I suppress displaying field names for these custom fields?
3. How do I get the the price of variants to display as soon as they are selected on the products page? It appears that my customers will be selecting a variant without knowing it's cost and I'm not sure I would bother to proceed to purchase without knowing what the item cost.
Thanks very much. Love the program.
Lena
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48671
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Get "Textareas" to Display As Entered By The Users
1. That's a point which wasn't raised so far.
Indeed, it's a good idea to nl2br these.
You can do that by adding the code:
after the line:
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php
2. There is no option for that. Why not use CSS for that ? For example, if your field's column name is called "my_field" you could do like that:
label[for=my_field] { display: none; }
3. That should be the case by default as you can see on our demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=82&lang=en
If that doesn't work on your end, there must be a javascript error or something like that preventing the refresh of the price. Hard to say without looking at the page directly.
Indeed, it's a good idea to nl2br these.
You can do that by adding the code:
Code:
function show(&$field,$value){
return nl2br(parent::show($field,$value));
}
Code:
class hikashopTextarea extends hikashopItem{
2. There is no option for that. Why not use CSS for that ? For example, if your field's column name is called "my_field" you could do like that:
label[for=my_field] { display: none; }
3. That should be the case by default as you can see on our demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=82&lang=en
If that doesn't work on your end, there must be a javascript error or something like that preventing the refresh of the price. Hard to say without looking at the page directly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LenaK
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #48735
by LenaK
Replied by LenaK on topic Re: Get "Textareas" to Display As Entered By The Users
1. That's great! It worked like a charm with a straight copy, paste and edit of the field name! For the one field.
Oh my, it works for both test fields - um, did i even have to change the field name? !!!
How would I apply or change this code to another custom field? I have zero js knowledge when it comes to syntax. I tried copying the entire function, didn't work. Then I tried a few different combinations of ;'s and ,'s with and without ()'s, but that didn't work either.
2. Since I asked this question, I saved my Custom fields without the label and it was accepted, so this issue is solved as well.
3. I'll spend a little more time checking my stuff before I bother you again. I may have another extension interfering.
Wow Nicolas, I'm very happy.
Oh my, it works for both test fields - um, did i even have to change the field name? !!!
How would I apply or change this code to another custom field? I have zero js knowledge when it comes to syntax. I tried copying the entire function, didn't work. Then I tried a few different combinations of ;'s and ,'s with and without ()'s, but that didn't work either.
2. Since I asked this question, I saved my Custom fields without the label and it was accepted, so this issue is solved as well.
3. I'll spend a little more time checking my stuff before I bother you again. I may have another extension interfering.
Wow Nicolas, I'm very happy.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by LenaK.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48738
by LenaK
Replied by LenaK on topic Re: Get "Textareas" to Display As Entered By The Users
Ok - I have to confess - all issues are solved.
1. You don't have to change the code at all.
3. I had options confused with characteristics.Once I added options to my products, i have dynamic pricing.
Thank you so much. I am so much closer to publishing.
1. You don't have to change the code at all.
3. I had options confused with characteristics.Once I added options to my products, i have dynamic pricing.
Thank you so much. I am so much closer to publishing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds