- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Show big picture on mouse hover
I was wondering, is there a way to show the big (original size) image of a thumbnail with my mouse hovering over it on the products listing page?
I'm asking only, because my site will have many products, and going into all of them just so the buyer can look at the big picture seems like a hassle.
Thank you for the reply in advance.
I've made this example with paint:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's possible with some code modifications.
Here is an example of such modifications on the product page:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/42708...-product-images.html
For the listing, it's the same kind of modification that you need to do, change :
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried the mouse hover, and... well:
Instead of mouse hover I advice the other users, who wish to do the same thing, to use "onmouseclick" instead of "onmouseover", because it can be kinda "brain damaging" :laugh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I too, have a client who wants images in the products listing page to enlarge on mouseover. (Like this website: uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=2...prevNValues%3D203450 )
I've added the code you suggested to the View > Listing_table. This works on hover, but opens the image in a shadowbox style view which then has to be closed using the X. I've added a screengrab showing this.
Can you advise?
Many thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The code that Nicolas gave was to open the Joomla popup window.
There is no library in Joomla or HikaShop to do the magnify like the screenshot. But some javascript libraries exists and can do it.
So, the code was just a base of idea, a proof of concept.
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Will have a look around the web and see if I can find a solution.
All the best - Leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This post helped me:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/1654-...e-zoom.html?start=20
First, I installed Magic Zoom:
www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoom/modules/joomla/
It was published in the header.
Then I edited the display > View > Product / listing_table
I changed this line:
to this:
Hope this helps others a bit!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried above and other several topics on this forum, unfortunately i can't achieve this yet.
I want to show Big Image (may be with desired size eg. 400px*400px) with the item title and price in the bottom ON MOUSE HOVER (not in popup or after click)
here is the good example exactly what we want,
when you will hover mouse on the category product images it will show the big image with details.
Here is the code in listing_table.php under 'product' folder
You help appreciated.
Thank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also when i tried above code it's not working like that/first topic picture, it's opening with popup modal.
Thanks and waiting for help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We never published code to display it differently as it would actually quite complex. You would have to include a special library to handle the display of images like that. I think that the simplest would be to talk with a zoom system for HikaShop and see with them if they could help you do it for the listing page and not only the product page. For example:
www.magictoolbox.com/hikashop/
Or maybe you could see that with a third party developer like polishedgeek.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I look for how to enlarge image onmouseover in products listing.
I seen it's possible in the previous versions of Hikashop with some code modifications in listing_img_title.
Have you a similar solution with Hikashop Business 2.6.1 / Joomla 3.4.8 ?
Thank's
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Try replacing the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Where is this code located? Is it in the CSS file or somewhere else?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's in the file "listing_img_title" of the view "product" that you can edit via the menu Display>views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.