Skip to main content

Add To Cart redirect won't turn off

More
14 years 4 months ago #49776 by akcreation
Hi there, it seems that I am unable to stop my site from redirecting users to the checkout when they hit an 'Add to Cart' button.

I have tried changing the 'After a product is added to the cart ' field in the Checkout tab of the Configuration page, but it seems that no matter what setting I put it on, it always redirects to the checkout.

Not sure if this helps, but I am using the 'Mini-cart' option on my Shopping Cart module, and my products pages are in fact articles with the 'Add to Cart HTML link' on the page.

Many thanks,

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #49781 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello akcreation,

I think that it might be caused by the option "After a product is added to the cart" in "Hikashop -> system -> Configuration -> Checkout", you should :

- go to "Hikashop -> system -> Configuration -> Checkout"
- set the "After a product is added to the cart" field to a DIFFERENT value than "Always go to the checkout".

Hope this will help you.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49787 by akcreation
Thanks for your response Mohamed, however as stated I have tried all of the different options on the "After a product is added to the cart" field, but they all result in me being redirected to the checkout page

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49790 by Mohamed Thelji
Ok, can you give me a link to your web site, it would help me a little :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49795 by akcreation
sure no problem, here is a link to one of my products pages


Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.


Many thanks,

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49798 by Mohamed Thelji
Can you please set your "After a product is added to the cart" field to Always stay on the same page ? i'd like to test it with this option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49803 by akcreation
sure, that's now done....thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #49806 by Mohamed Thelji
It seems to be good for me, when I press to the "add to cart" button, I stay on the same page and I'm not redirected to the checkout page.

Can you test it and let me know if it works for you ?
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49808 by akcreation
Hi Mohamed, have just re-tested and no, it still redirects.

When I hit the 'Add to Cart' button I am directed to this url:


Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.


Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #49809 by Mohamed Thelji
I figured what the problem was :

- It's working for the "Option" products ( like this product ) because your are using the Hikashop's "add to cart" button.
- but for exemple for the "services" products ( like this product ) you are using a link which can't figure what your Always stay on the same page option is and just redirect users to the checkout page.

so the problem was coming from the button itself.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49812 by akcreation
The services 'add to cart' buttons are using the link from the 'Add to cart HTML link' (in the Hikashop product page) with slightly different CSS posted onto an article (I did this because I don't want to diplay my 'Services' products in the same way as my 'Options' products). Are you saying that the 'Always stay on the same page' option doesn't work if you use these links?
Or do you have a solution for the problem? (Possibly a new line of coding I should be using)

Many thanks,

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49907 by nicolas
It doesn't work yes. These links are just HTML links which add the product to the cart and redirect to the checkout.

If you want them to redirect somewhere else, you will have to change the links themselves.
You can do like that:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/48848...tom-page-solved.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92110 by billkarv
Hi, I have a similar problem. My option is "Always stay on the same page" and when I press the Add to card button sends me to this url: christiantete-eshop.gr/hikashop-menu-for...g/product/updatecart and its an empty page. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92124 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

It seems to be working fine, so can you give me the link to the page which is giving you this problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92139 by billkarv
Now is working to me too. Maybe this has to do with some changes I 've made to Wishlist (i disabled the wishlist). If the same problem occurs again in the future I will come back.

Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #95388 by billkarv
Hi again,

the problem is back. You can check it yourself if you want by clicking this link:

christiantete-eshop.gr/hikashop-menu-for...ory/29-initialiste-1

when I am clicking the add to card button it sends me to an empty page.
Also I have a problem with the styling of the popup window. I read a post but it does'nt helped me.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by billkarv.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95661 by nicolas
Hi,

Can you change the code:
$this->setRedirect($url);
return false;

to:
$app->redirect($url);
return false;

in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/product.php and try again ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #95677 by billkarv
I've changed it but still the same!
Code:
458 $app->redirect($url); 459 return false;
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by billkarv.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95918 by nicolas
Mmm. That's strange.

We will need a FTP access to put traces in the code of the add to cart as we cannot reproduce the problem on our end.

Would you be able to provide that ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95964 by billkarv
I noticed that in IE is working fine but in Firefox and Maxthon does'nt work.
I will send you the FTP info.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum