- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 1
Shipping rate based on weight $10 per 20kg
- doitsolutions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I can't seem to find a way (or a post about how to) set up a very simple shipping rate of $10 per 20KG.
I have entered in all the weight values for all products, surely I can just have the system calculate (Total weight div by 20kg) multiplied by $10.
Please let me know, happy to install a plugin if needed.
Thanks,
Michael A.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
For the moment, the manual shipping method is just setting the static price of the shipping method and add an aditional percentage of the order's price. So I think that you'll have to install another shipping plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- doitsolutions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 1
Thanks,
Michael A.
EDIT: Also, can I get the cart / invoice to show "Total order weight"? Is there a variable I can call with PHP for that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Go in System->Shipping methods and click on "manual shipping methods plugin". Then, create one shipping method per weight range and enter the price for the price range.
Then, the system will pick automatically the correct shipping method based on the total weight.
In the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via Display>Views, you can add some code like that:
<?php
$cart = $this->initCart();
echo $cart->weight;
?>
However, the weight information is not stored in the order. You could always recalculate it dynamically in the invoice, but first it's not easy, and second it would change if you changed the product weight later on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- doitsolutions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 1
nicolas wrote: You don't need to install anything.
Go in System->Shipping methods and click on "manual shipping methods plugin". Then, create one shipping method per weight range and enter the price for the price range.
Then, the system will pick automatically the correct shipping method based on the total weight.
I know this, but this is not a good solution. I need to allow for up to 10 Tons of shipping. If I was to enter a shipping range for every 20kg between 1kg and 10,000kg I would have to enter 500 manual shipping ranges (eg. 1 - 20kg, 20.001 to 40kg etc). Then, if I need to change the shipping rate I need to change all 500, that would not be fun
So, back to my original post, I was told that I might need to install a module, where are these extra modules? What is available? I am getting to the point where I might even pay someone to create a module which lets me put an amount to charge per block of weight (eg. get total weight, find how many times 20KG divides in to it, then charge per 20KG lot.
Or even a module that would simply get the total weight and charge per kg in total (eg. $0.50 per KG).
Regarding the PHP code for the cart, thanks for that
Michael A.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Entering all the 500 shipping methods can be done quite rapidly by creating one or two shipping methods via the interface, exporting the table hikashop_shipping as a CSV via phpmyadmin, opening that file in excel, generating all the other methods in excel and then importing back that CSV. Also, the rates could all be changed with a simple SQL query in phpmyadmin in the future.
All the shipping plugins available for HikaShop are listed on our main documentation page. The manual shipping method plugin is the only one where you can configure "statically" your shipping. The others will use a web service like UPS's to get the rates automatically. If you don't want to use the manual shipping method plugin, I'm afraid that you'll have to develop such plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- doitsolutions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 1
I am going to post a job for this on freelancer.com, I'm not sure if it would be of use to many other people. Would you like me to submit it to you after I get it working?
Thanks,
Michael A.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- doitsolutions
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 1
Once again, great system. Thanks,
Michael A.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.