- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
RESOLVEDNesting existing categories under new ones
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #50124
by scottshort
RESOLVEDNesting existing categories under new ones was created by scottshort
Hi,
Sorry if this explanation exists already, I tried searching and did not find anything. I am starting new Hikashop site and want to have ability to have an eStore products page as well as a non estore product catalog page. So I want to be sure to set up Categories correctly at start. Under ROOT on Categories page, I created "Shoes" and "Handbags" Categories. But then I thought I might be better off to create a master category under ROOT called "eStore Products" and then another called "Product Catalog". Now I have both "eStore Products" and "Shoes" and "Handbags" under ROOT. I can not see a way to nest the product categories "Shoes" and "Handbags" under the "eStore Products" Master Category.
Maybe this is easy to do and I am just missing it, but if I can not move them after the fact, then I will not have flexibility to "figure it out later" and will have to be sure of structure before I go any further.
Can you show me how to move this categories and nest them under a newly created category? If this is not possible, Please let me know. Lastly, anyone who can suggest structure to do what I want: some product categories on my eStore page, while others in a general product catalog page. I am very new to Hikashop and ecommerce so any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks
Sorry if this explanation exists already, I tried searching and did not find anything. I am starting new Hikashop site and want to have ability to have an eStore products page as well as a non estore product catalog page. So I want to be sure to set up Categories correctly at start. Under ROOT on Categories page, I created "Shoes" and "Handbags" Categories. But then I thought I might be better off to create a master category under ROOT called "eStore Products" and then another called "Product Catalog". Now I have both "eStore Products" and "Shoes" and "Handbags" under ROOT. I can not see a way to nest the product categories "Shoes" and "Handbags" under the "eStore Products" Master Category.
Maybe this is easy to do and I am just missing it, but if I can not move them after the fact, then I will not have flexibility to "figure it out later" and will have to be sure of structure before I go any further.
Can you show me how to move this categories and nest them under a newly created category? If this is not possible, Please let me know. Lastly, anyone who can suggest structure to do what I want: some product categories on my eStore page, while others in a general product catalog page. I am very new to Hikashop and ecommerce so any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by scottshort.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 months ago #50125
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
Hello,
Yes, I think that it's possible if you :
- go to " Hikashop -> Products -> Categories "
- edit the "Shoes" category
- set "Associated category" to "eStore Products"
- do the same for your "Handbags" category
Hope this will help you.
Yes, I think that it's possible if you :
- go to " Hikashop -> Products -> Categories "
- edit the "Shoes" category
- set "Associated category" to "eStore Products"
- do the same for your "Handbags" category
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #50129
by scottshort
Replied by scottshort on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
Hi Mohamed
I can not see this "Associated Category" toggle when I edit the "Shoes" category. Is it in the "Access Level" box perhaps?
I can not see this "Associated Category" toggle when I edit the "Shoes" category. Is it in the "Access Level" box perhaps?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #50164
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
Ok, so in the first screenshot I edit the "Associated category", and in the second screenshot I set the "Associated category" to "Master" in your case you'll set it to eStore Products
.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #50208
by scottshort
Replied by scottshort on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
Hello again Mohamed and thanks for your advice. Please see attached... I have no option "associated category" could it be that this option does not exist in the free version? I tried to purchase business version today but ran into problem and am waiting for response from Hikashop to my email...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #50210
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
Hello Scott,
I think that you are not using the last version of Hikashop, because this Option is also available for the starter version of Hikashop.
Can you tell me what version of Hikashop you currently have ?
/
UPDATE
\
Hello again,
I found out what was your problem, you can't use the "Associated category" Option while being in the ROOT category, you have to move to Product category, and then edit your product category, Like I done in my screenshot.
I think that you are not using the last version of Hikashop, because this Option is also available for the starter version of Hikashop.
Can you tell me what version of Hikashop you currently have ?
/
UPDATE
\
Hello again,
I found out what was your problem, you can't use the "Associated category" Option while being in the ROOT category, you have to move to Product category, and then edit your product category, Like I done in my screenshot.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #50345
by scottshort
Replied by scottshort on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
So I guess that because I originally created my product categories under ROOT, there is no way now to move them under a new master product category called "estore products"? Must I delete them all and start over? I may be wrong, but I am thinking that in future it will be important to keep separated products that will be sold on estore page from other products sold in our brick-and-mortar shop that I might still like to display on site in a virtual catalog....not sure if this is best way to do this or not. Thanks Mohamed for helping a newbie!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 months ago #50356
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
Yes,
I think that you'll have to delete them all and create all of your categories under "Product category", and then you'll have access to the "associated category" option.
I think that you'll have to delete them all and create all of your categories under "Product category", and then you'll have access to the "associated category" option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottshort
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #50782
by scottshort
Replied by scottshort on topic Re: Nesting existing categories under new categories
Thanks Mohamed.... It pays to plan well... so better to delete now than after I put too much time into site
Regards
Scott
Regards
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds