- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
RESOLVED: Understanding Variants 2
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #50944
by scottshort
RESOLVED: Understanding Variants 2 was created by scottshort
Understanding Variants 2 - Deleting non-exisiting variant combinations
If I create a variants table for a given product, and for some of the products a given variant combination doesn't exist, would I just go into the table and delete these variants? Example: three shoe characteristics: Color [black, brown, & white], Finish [satin, glossy], & Size, [36, 37, 38]. There is no change in price for any of these characteristics. In reality, I only have the black and brown shoes in both satin and glossy finishes. In white there is only the satin finish. So is it normal practice to go into the table and just delete the variants relating to white, glossy shoes? Is there a better way to go about displaying this and similar types of product pages?
Thanks
Scott
If I create a variants table for a given product, and for some of the products a given variant combination doesn't exist, would I just go into the table and delete these variants? Example: three shoe characteristics: Color [black, brown, & white], Finish [satin, glossy], & Size, [36, 37, 38]. There is no change in price for any of these characteristics. In reality, I only have the black and brown shoes in both satin and glossy finishes. In white there is only the satin finish. So is it normal practice to go into the table and just delete the variants relating to white, glossy shoes? Is there a better way to go about displaying this and similar types of product pages?
Thanks
Scott
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by scottshort. Reason: RESOLVED
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51073
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Understanding Variants 2
Once you add your characteristics to the product, click on the "manage variants" button. There, you will be able to easily delete the variants you don't need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottshort
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds