- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 1
Product Customisation Advice.
- londonstudio
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago #51443
by londonstudio
Product Customisation Advice. was created by londonstudio
Hello all, I need a bit of advice about the best way to structure Hika Cart to sell custom products.
I will explain. My site www.londonstudio.co.nz/index.php/the-shop is going to sell graphicly designed templates for printing such as cafe loyalty cards, wedding invites, etc. Basically the template is standard and the customer identifies which areas of the template are to be changed out with there specific details.
I want the customer input this variable information as a part of the purchase some where. Then when I receive the order I can read the changes the customer wants and make them by hand.
How is the best way to set this up. I thought of using custom fields during the check out page but that doesn't seem like a very good solution unless you can link certain custom fields to certain products.
For example a wedding invites custom field might be, wedding date, location and the name of the bride and groom.
Where a cafe loyalty card custom field would be, name of business, business address and opening hours. But not wedding date, location and the name of the bride and groom.
Is this possible? or if not is there another way to approach this? for example product characteristics? or something else?
Any advice would be appreciated.
I will explain. My site www.londonstudio.co.nz/index.php/the-shop is going to sell graphicly designed templates for printing such as cafe loyalty cards, wedding invites, etc. Basically the template is standard and the customer identifies which areas of the template are to be changed out with there specific details.
I want the customer input this variable information as a part of the purchase some where. Then when I receive the order I can read the changes the customer wants and make them by hand.
How is the best way to set this up. I thought of using custom fields during the check out page but that doesn't seem like a very good solution unless you can link certain custom fields to certain products.
For example a wedding invites custom field might be, wedding date, location and the name of the bride and groom.
Where a cafe loyalty card custom field would be, name of business, business address and opening hours. But not wedding date, location and the name of the bride and groom.
Is this possible? or if not is there another way to approach this? for example product characteristics? or something else?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51553
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Customisation Advice.
Hi,
You can do that with custom fields of the table "item" (business edition only). They will be displayed directly on the product's page and you will be able to restrict them to only some categories.
You can do that with custom fields of the table "item" (business edition only). They will be displayed directly on the product's page and you will be able to restrict them to only some categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- londonstudio
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #51921
by londonstudio
Replied by londonstudio on topic Re: Product Customisation Advice.
Great Nicolas,
I have upgraded to the business edition. Are you able to point me to any documentation or tell me how to set this up?
I have upgraded to the business edition. Are you able to point me to any documentation or tell me how to set this up?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51978
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Customisation Advice.
You can create custom fields via the menu Display->Custom fields. Just select the table "item" and turn on the front end option when you create them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- londonstudio
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #52006
by londonstudio
Replied by londonstudio on topic Re: Product Customisation Advice.
Thanks Nicolas,
I have the custom fields on there now. Unfortunately when ever I have them published and add any item to the cart, it opens the checkout and displays the cart is empty.
If I include a product with an option. It will add the option only but not the product.
I thought this was an unrelated problem initially so created a new thread on it (see below) but upon testing (un-publishing the item custom fields) the error is definitely caused by the the item custom fields.
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/51953...t-working.html#52005
the un-working site can be found here.
www.londonstudio.co.nz/index.php/the-sho...oyalty-card-design-1
I have the custom fields on there now. Unfortunately when ever I have them published and add any item to the cart, it opens the checkout and displays the cart is empty.
If I include a product with an option. It will add the option only but not the product.
I thought this was an unrelated problem initially so created a new thread on it (see below) but upon testing (un-publishing the item custom fields) the error is definitely caused by the the item custom fields.
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/51953...t-working.html#52005
the un-working site can be found here.
www.londonstudio.co.nz/index.php/the-sho...oyalty-card-design-1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds