- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 3
Vote and Use of Essential License
14 years 4 months ago #51517
by michael
Vote and Use of Essential License was created by michael
Hi Nicolas,
I refer to my earlier thread : User Edit Address Link to Cart Module ?!
I have resolved the problem with editing address, but want to know how to add vote ? as I think my purchase was an earlier version without vote, can I just download a new copy?
And if upload again, what will happen? am I need to re-do all the works again, omg!!
Secondly, my another site in UTF8, thought to rebuild with purchased essential copy in another sub-domain, is it possible? so can step by step do it correctly.
Thank you very much!
I refer to my earlier thread : User Edit Address Link to Cart Module ?!
I have resolved the problem with editing address, but want to know how to add vote ? as I think my purchase was an earlier version without vote, can I just download a new copy?
And if upload again, what will happen? am I need to re-do all the works again, omg!!
Secondly, my another site in UTF8, thought to rebuild with purchased essential copy in another sub-domain, is it possible? so can step by step do it correctly.
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51537
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: Vote and Use of Essential License
Hello Nicolas,
I read the Essential, there is a 1 year free updates, but when I add to cart, it is a payment link. Can I know where to get free updates for new version, so can complete my store project
My Essential purchased in Dec 2011.
ps. My UTF8 Chinese store has successfully rebuilt in a sub-domain with another copy of Essential, further to add categories and products.
Cheers!
I read the Essential, there is a 1 year free updates, but when I add to cart, it is a payment link. Can I know where to get free updates for new version, so can complete my store project
My Essential purchased in Dec 2011.
ps. My UTF8 Chinese store has successfully rebuilt in a sub-domain with another copy of Essential, further to add categories and products.
Cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51582
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Vote and Use of Essential License
Hi,
You will indeed have to update in order to use the vote system.
You can download the latest version via the menu Your account->Your subscriptions on our website when you are logged in.
You won't loose any data when you update. However, I still recommend you to do a backup before, just in case something goes wrong...
You will indeed have to update in order to use the vote system.
You can download the latest version via the menu Your account->Your subscriptions on our website when you are logged in.
You won't loose any data when you update. However, I still recommend you to do a backup before, just in case something goes wrong...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51683
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: Vote and Use of Essential License
Hi Nicolas,
I almost break my site - quickly hang up a maintenance notice
The error message after I upload the Essential 1.5.7 show below:
"-1 - An error has occurred.
It was not possible to copy the selected file."
And all my product images turn to the barcode.png and when I clicked, go to blank page. Homepage and category page are ok. Lucky with your advice I backup and successfully restore my site!
I think it is still causing by the left & right column template setting. I am sorry I really can't figure out the problem
What is next? I really like the version 1.5.7. Not only can use vote, also can add quantity !
ps. A question, can Hikashop build in 2 sub domains (eg, products for men and for women) and checkout under one (eg. in homepage, or either one sub domain) ?
Thank you!
I almost break my site - quickly hang up a maintenance notice

The error message after I upload the Essential 1.5.7 show below:
"-1 - An error has occurred.
It was not possible to copy the selected file."
And all my product images turn to the barcode.png and when I clicked, go to blank page. Homepage and category page are ok. Lucky with your advice I backup and successfully restore my site!
I think it is still causing by the left & right column template setting. I am sorry I really can't figure out the problem

What is next? I really like the version 1.5.7. Not only can use vote, also can add quantity !
ps. A question, can Hikashop build in 2 sub domains (eg, products for men and for women) and checkout under one (eg. in homepage, or either one sub domain) ?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51785
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Vote and Use of Essential License
We just did a new release of HikaShop. You might wanna try to update to this one. The voting system has been improved among lots of other things.
For the error you have when you try to install it, we have some documentation that you should follow:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
You won't be able to do that. Each joomla website has it's own session. So it also has its own cart.
The solution might be to use Joomla Multi Site in order to share the database between both websites. But that's not really related to HikaShop...
For the error you have when you try to install it, we have some documentation that you should follow:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
You won't be able to do that. Each joomla website has it's own session. So it also has its own cart.
The solution might be to use Joomla Multi Site in order to share the database between both websites. But that's not really related to HikaShop...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51842
by michael
Replied by michael on topic Re: Vote and Use of Essential License
Thank you!
About downloading new version. I have 2 sites in one account, and one download link on top only. When downloading, there is no specific for which site, is this cause the problem on upload?
About downloading new version. I have 2 sites in one account, and one download link on top only. When downloading, there is no specific for which site, is this cause the problem on upload?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51914
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Vote and Use of Essential License
No, it will be ok.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds