- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Add To Cart Doesn't Work From Main Page
14 years 4 months ago #52136
by MyWorld
Add To Cart Doesn't Work From Main Page was created by MyWorld
When I click on "Add to Cart" from the main page (products page), it does nothing.
But if I click on the "Product Name" it takes me to the description page and if I click on "Add to Cart" from there it works.
What could be the problem please? Thanks!!
But if I click on the "Product Name" it takes me to the description page and if I click on "Add to Cart" from there it works.
What could be the problem please? Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52216
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add To Cart Doesn't Work From Main Page
I don't know. Please give a link to that page so that we can see what is the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52686
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re: Add To Cart Doesn't Work From Main Page
I had sent you the link to the shop privately as I'm not comfortable making the link public. I just sent it again today.
Thanks in advance!!
Thanks in advance!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52785
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add To Cart Doesn't Work From Main Page
The add to cart buttons on your website's front page are working fine for me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52853
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re: Add To Cart Doesn't Work From Main Page
Hi Nicolas,
I think I may have been expecting a different behaviour, so can you clarify for me how it should work?
1) The way it works now, is when I click on "Add to Cart", it adds the item to the cart and I ONLY know that because I have the cart module at the top of the page which tells me how many items are in my cart.
2) I thought that when I click on "Add to Cart" it would take me to the cart page that shows me the list of items I have in the cart and from there I can checkout or continue shopping.
So, can it work either way or does it only work as per #1?
Thanks!!
I think I may have been expecting a different behaviour, so can you clarify for me how it should work?
1) The way it works now, is when I click on "Add to Cart", it adds the item to the cart and I ONLY know that because I have the cart module at the top of the page which tells me how many items are in my cart.
2) I thought that when I click on "Add to Cart" it would take me to the cart page that shows me the list of items I have in the cart and from there I can checkout or continue shopping.
So, can it work either way or does it only work as per #1?
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52962
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add To Cart Doesn't Work From Main Page
It can work either way.
Actually, by default it works like you want. But you changed the "after a product is added to the cart" option of the checkout tab of the configuration to work like point 1. Change it back to "go to the checkout" and it will display the cart after you add a product to the cart. Then, you can always configure your checkout workflow if you want to display your checkout differently.
Actually, by default it works like you want. But you changed the "after a product is added to the cart" option of the checkout tab of the configuration to work like point 1. Change it back to "go to the checkout" and it will display the cart after you add a product to the cart. Then, you can always configure your checkout workflow if you want to display your checkout differently.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds