- Posts: 392
- Thank you received: 0
New CSS templates and other stuff
14 years 4 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #52372
by Bugger101
New CSS templates and other stuff was created by Bugger101
Hi Nicolas,
1. Thanks for the new css styles
Im wondering if it is possible to assign these styles to certain pages/menus/modules only? Having trouble with the black background on my images, and it would be really helpful if I could choose where to assign the new styles.
2. Also, is the attached checkout workflow allowed?
3. is the attached image the correct popup just after attempting to register a new account?
Thanks!
1. Thanks for the new css styles
2. Also, is the attached checkout workflow allowed?
3. is the attached image the correct popup just after attempting to register a new account?
Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Bugger101.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52428
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New CSS templates and other stuff
1. You can edit the styles via the Display tab of the configuration. There, you can change it to your needs. If you want to restrict something to a menu, it's probably possible.
For example, on that page of the demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=84&lang=en
the custom CSS is restricted to that page like that:
#hikashop_product_Graphic_tablet_page_perso .hikashop_product_left_part {
.....
}
Basically, you need to get the main id of the page content with firebug and prefix the existing CSS with it so that it applies only to that page.
2. I think that you might have a problem with the shipping selection being before the address since the shipping selection might be reset in some cases after the address is entered/changed. Other than that I think that it's fine.
3. the first line should normally not be displayed there. Do you have the hikashop user synch plugin activated ?
For example, on that page of the demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=84&lang=en
the custom CSS is restricted to that page like that:
#hikashop_product_Graphic_tablet_page_perso .hikashop_product_left_part {
.....
}
Basically, you need to get the main id of the page content with firebug and prefix the existing CSS with it so that it applies only to that page.
2. I think that you might have a problem with the shipping selection being before the address since the shipping selection might be reset in some cases after the address is entered/changed. Other than that I think that it's fine.
3. the first line should normally not be displayed there. Do you have the hikashop user synch plugin activated ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #52439
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Re: New CSS templates and other stuff
Thanks so much Nicolas,
2. you are right, sometimes it asks for shiiping/new address twice
3. Yes, it is activated. I just tried to register on your demo site, and I am having the same trouble with registering as I am in my own site.
- entered my details and clicked on the activation link in the email, then get the attached error message: There is no such account in our database or the account has already been activated.
- then I tried registering with another email address just in case, and I was asked to put in the HikaShop password etc, and received this error: Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at www.demo.hikashop.com Port 80
- So then on the demo site I tried to login, and received the attached 500 error: You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:
Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..
- then the third time I registered on the demo site using a different email address, it worked perfectly!
- then i logged out and loged in, and I cant get past the checkuot page: www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...=1&Itemid=73&lang=en it keeps saying please create or select a new address as attached
I am using the latest Business edition of HS FYI.
Ultimately, I would like to achieve having login, register and guest checkout options, and still have the separate Hikashop/Joomla menu registration page working properly for the users who have coupons etc assigned to them.
Is this possible?
Right now I cant even configure the normal workflow
Thanks!
2. you are right, sometimes it asks for shiiping/new address twice
3. Yes, it is activated. I just tried to register on your demo site, and I am having the same trouble with registering as I am in my own site.
- entered my details and clicked on the activation link in the email, then get the attached error message: There is no such account in our database or the account has already been activated.
- then I tried registering with another email address just in case, and I was asked to put in the HikaShop password etc, and received this error: Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at www.demo.hikashop.com Port 80
- So then on the demo site I tried to login, and received the attached 500 error: You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:
Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..
- then the third time I registered on the demo site using a different email address, it worked perfectly!
- then i logged out and loged in, and I cant get past the checkuot page: www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...=1&Itemid=73&lang=en it keeps saying please create or select a new address as attached
I am using the latest Business edition of HS FYI.
Ultimately, I would like to achieve having login, register and guest checkout options, and still have the separate Hikashop/Joomla menu registration page working properly for the users who have coupons etc assigned to them.
Is this possible?
Right now I cant even configure the normal workflow

Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Bugger101.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52507
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New CSS templates and other stuff
Please download the install package from our website again and install it again.
There was indeed a problem with the registration/activation system on 2.5 when activation is activated.
It works fine now on our end.
If you want a guest checkout in HikaShop and a normal registration page, you need to use the joomla user registration screen, not the HikaShop registration screen. But yes, that's totally possible.
There was indeed a problem with the registration/activation system on 2.5 when activation is activated.
It works fine now on our end.
If you want a guest checkout in HikaShop and a normal registration page, you need to use the joomla user registration screen, not the HikaShop registration screen. But yes, that's totally possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52578
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Re: New CSS templates and other stuff
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thanks so much! All is good with the world now
Thanks so much! All is good with the world now
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #53210
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Re: New CSS templates and other stuff
Hi Nicolas,
Quick question:
Do I need to turn off the plugin "HikaShop joomla user account link plugin"?
At the moment, I have a Joomla register menu item, turned off the regsitration in Hikashop backend, changed "regsiter" to "guest checkout" in languages, but now when I go to the Joomla registration page, it also says "guest checkout" so they must be linked.
So I guess I just need to add a link below login saying "regsiter" that takes the user to registration page.
Does this work? Will people still be bale to access their affiliate and order info?
Thanks!
Quick question:
Do I need to turn off the plugin "HikaShop joomla user account link plugin"?
At the moment, I have a Joomla register menu item, turned off the regsitration in Hikashop backend, changed "regsiter" to "guest checkout" in languages, but now when I go to the Joomla registration page, it also says "guest checkout" so they must be linked.
So I guess I just need to add a link below login saying "regsiter" that takes the user to registration page.
Does this work? Will people still be bale to access their affiliate and order info?
Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Bugger101.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53326
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: New CSS templates and other stuff
You need to turn off the 'Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin' if you want to not have the hikashop registration form when you try to access the joomla registration page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds