- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
RESOLVED: Understanding Secure File Folder
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #52631
by scottshort
RESOLVED: Understanding Secure File Folder was created by scottshort
Hello again,
I need help understanding the Secure File Folder. Is this a folder where products are stored [by HikaShop] when I create them in HikaShop? Or is this just a folder for products that I upload to HikaShop? I am trying to set up this secure folder, however, I do not have any prepared product files to upload.... I need to create them all directly in HikaShop.
If HikaShop does not store my products in this secure folder after I create them in HikaShop, are they in-fact not protected against hackers?
Regards
Scott
Upload secure folder : Folder in which the products files will be uploaded to.
Please make sure this folder is writable otherwise HikaShop won't be able to upload your files in it. We recommend to put this folder outside your joomla installation folder. That way, if your website is hacked, you have more chances that the products files won't be changed. By default the folder is inside the Joomla installation folder but protected with an .htaccess to prevent access via the web. Only possible access will be via FTP,SSH or PHP.
EDIT; I Also want to add that this File "safe" is currently empty even though I have created a number of products... is HikaShop supposed to be "uploading" product files to this folder? Folder has permission 755. What is wrong here?
I need help understanding the Secure File Folder. Is this a folder where products are stored [by HikaShop] when I create them in HikaShop? Or is this just a folder for products that I upload to HikaShop? I am trying to set up this secure folder, however, I do not have any prepared product files to upload.... I need to create them all directly in HikaShop.
If HikaShop does not store my products in this secure folder after I create them in HikaShop, are they in-fact not protected against hackers?
Regards
Scott
Upload secure folder : Folder in which the products files will be uploaded to.
Please make sure this folder is writable otherwise HikaShop won't be able to upload your files in it. We recommend to put this folder outside your joomla installation folder. That way, if your website is hacked, you have more chances that the products files won't be changed. By default the folder is inside the Joomla installation folder but protected with an .htaccess to prevent access via the web. Only possible access will be via FTP,SSH or PHP.
EDIT; I Also want to add that this File "safe" is currently empty even though I have created a number of products... is HikaShop supposed to be "uploading" product files to this folder? Folder has permission 755. What is wrong here?
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by scottshort. Reason: RESOLVED
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #52695
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Understanding Secure File Folder
Hi,
Products are stored in the database, not in folders. That folder is where HikaShop save the files you upload for your products.
There is no security problem if you leave the default value.
Products are stored in the database, not in folders. That folder is where HikaShop save the files you upload for your products.
There is no security problem if you leave the default value.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #52857
by scottshort
Replied by scottshort on topic Re: Understanding Secure File Folder
Hi again Nicolas
So is it normal that my "safe" folder now shows "empty" even thought there are products stored there in database? Or should I see this data in the file folder when I look using CPanel or Foxzilla?
Regards
Scott
So is it normal that my "safe" folder now shows "empty" even thought there are products stored there in database? Or should I see this data in the file folder when I look using CPanel or Foxzilla?
Regards
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52867
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Understanding Secure File Folder
It's normal. Again, products are stored in the database, not in folders.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #52950
by scottshort
Replied by scottshort on topic Re: Understanding Secure File Folder
Ok, thanks. My concern it whether i need to change this file and location as suggested and If I do so, to be sure that I have entered the path correctly.
If I decide to change this secure file folder location as you suggest in configuration docs, Is there a way to test that I have entered in the correct path and that infact, Hikashop can use this file?
Also, could I decide to do this later after I have created my eshop... or should it be changed before creating products in database?
Regards
Scott
If I decide to change this secure file folder location as you suggest in configuration docs, Is there a way to test that I have entered in the correct path and that infact, Hikashop can use this file?
Also, could I decide to do this later after I have created my eshop... or should it be changed before creating products in database?
Regards
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52952
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Understanding Secure File Folder
Don't change it. First you don't have any files attached to your products, so you don't need it. Second, leaving it like this doesn't poses any security threat to your website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottshort
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- scottshort
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Respect the Stash
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 3 months ago #53012
by scottshort
Replied by scottshort on topic Re: Understanding Secure File Folder
OK
Thanks Nicolas
Regards
Scott
Thanks Nicolas
Regards
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds